Turbobird is done

91Bird305

Welllll, the car is done. Well not all the way done. Still have some minor tuning left, but I have to go to the track to sort that out. Run some a/c lines, cd player, and figure out my tach/speedo problem. But its running finally. :lol: Just have to figure out a few tuning issues (running a little rich) and then I will be good to go. btw: sorry for the ****ty pictures. This camera is either not good or I still don't know how to use it yet. :)

Motor
turbobird006uu9.jpg

New tires.
turbobird032gw9.jpg

turbobird034nx9.jpg

Interior (yes, I am putting my computer back)
turbobird036ls9.jpg

Car Shot
turbobird040pn0.jpg

My razor alky setup.
turbobird007op0.jpg

turbobird026dq5.jpg

turbobird038tw0.jpg

Anyways, that's it. Hopefully I can get some numbers next week at the track. Right now I am pushing 20lbs on alky but I have zero knock and my o2's are a little highish (830's), so I have more boost in it I think. I will let you know what happens.

Looks awesome.... where are the Lines going that come off the VC's..
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Nice!!! Speaking of ECM, how did you do C207(b&w connector by ECM)? Are you supossed to put the IAT Sensor before the MAF?? It looks like you have it after the maf.

Nice!!! Speaking of ECM, how did you do C207(b&w connector by ECM)? Are you supossed to put the IAT Sensor before the MAF?? It looks like you have it after the maf.

I used an GN ECM w/ an 89 TTA wiring harness. So I can't recall having a problem like that.

And I haven't had any problem with the IAT sensor after the MAF. But maybe I did do it wrong and someone can correct me on this? I was always under the impression that the IAT was really suppose to be as close to the intake (or on the up pipe). But in my case, my alky nozzle was mounted there and would be spraying on the IAT sensor if I put it on the up pipe by the intake. So I just had it mounted after the Maf.

Shouldn't matter on the IAT. Some people mount them in their intake which is post MAF. The ATS I believe has no effect on anything except it shows up on scantool. The computer doesn't do anything with it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jason

And I haven't had any problem with the IAT sensor after the MAF. But maybe I did do it wrong and someone can correct me on this? I was always under the impression that the IAT was really suppose to be as close to the intake (or on the up pipe). But in my case, my alky nozzle was mounted there and would be spraying on the IAT sensor if I put it on the up pipe by the intake. So I just had it mounted after the Maf.

I dont know either, just saw it before on some guy's GN I looked at. Needless to say, the car looks badass and I cant wait until I get mine running!!

It's supposed to go before the MAF, (at least that's where GM put it on TTA's) it kinda pissed me off that the guy who built his car did the same to mine and drilled a f**ing hole through my $200.00 crome MAF pipe.

It's supposed to go before the MAF, (at least that's where GM put it on TTA's) it kinda pissed me off that the guy who built his car did the same to mine and drilled a f**ing hole through my $200.00 crome MAF pipe.

Yeah, I would rather not get into his work...He pissed me off a number of times when my car was there. He tried to make things right but in the end I had to take my car out of there and to Victory Racing where they had it tuned and back to me in half a day. And they corrected a number of things that were setup wrong on the car that he setup. He also told me my oil pressure gauge was just off and that it wasn't accurate and not to worry if I don't hear any valve train noise. I now know that isn't true and I am suffering because of it now.

Yeah, I would rather not get into his work...He pissed me off a number of times when my car was there. He tried to make things right but in the end I had to take my car out of there and to Victory Racing where they had it tuned and back to me in half a day. And they corrected a number of things that were setup wrong on the car that he setup. He also told me my oil pressure gauge was just off and that it wasn't accurate and not to worry if I don't hear any valve train noise. I now know that isn't true and I am suffering because of it now.

PM me the number, I plan on having my TTA and TurboZ at Woodward.
Thanks
Jim

Did your Turbobird make it down the 1/4 mile yet?? Im anxious to get mine down the track! Maybe Thursday...