Running Rich

Sevy14

Hi folks, 87 GN. I done most of the basic upgrades fuel, chip etc. Car runs well with fresh plugs but a little rich during mid to full throttle. Now after a few short drives plugs seem fouled, missing and running rich (by smell) and wont idle. I have the Scanmaster G but can’t seem to connect the bluetooth to read any data logging. Any advice?
Thanks

Probably time for a new Denso O2 sensor. Also reset the ECM and possibly reseat the chip. Weird things can happen. No idea on the bluetooth.

Hi folks, 87 GN. I done most of the basic upgrades fuel, chip etc. Car runs well with fresh plugs but a little rich during mid to full throttle. Now after a few short drives plugs seem fouled, missing and running rich (by smell) and wont idle. I have the Scanmaster G but can’t seem to connect the bluetooth to read any data logging. Any advice?
Thanks
Will the Scanmaster G not give you data without Bluetooth? Figure it has to be tied into the ALDL. I wouldn’t think you’d need Bluetooth to get data, but then again I just have a regular Scanmaster.

Any help here?
Bob should be able to get you going.

The Scanmaster is wired to the ALDL. Post the numbers when the engine is warmed up.

Will the Scanmaster G not give you data without Bluetooth? Figure it has to be tied into the ALDL. I wouldn’t think you’d need Bluetooth to get data, but then again I just have a regular Scanmaster.
Yes need Bluetooth to get data. One computer won’t connect the other computer won’t seem to down load one of the files.

Yes need Bluetooth to get data. One computer won’t connect the other computer won’t seem to down load one of the files.
So get the data from the Scanmaster itself. Don't need bluetooth to read from ECM to scanmaster.

Start car & see what data you can get from the SM.

After you post the SM data, try tapping on the MAF housing while the car is idling and see if it has any effect. If the budget allows, consider a MAF translator and newer style MAF in the future, the car will just run better.