You can type here any text you want

Turbocharged 3800 Fiero vs. 403 Olds V8 Cutlass

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Darth Fiero

3800 Series II Turbo
Happened a while ago but worth noting. Went out to race a buddy's 86 Cutlass Supreme 442 which he had built up with a 403 olds motor and 2004R trans. (he recently ran a 12.9 in the 1/4)

Anyway, I was rolling on sub-kill mode (100 octane) in my Fiero and felt like testing the upgraded fuel. We got lined up at the local "test site" and the light turned green and I fell asleep. VERY BAD LAUNCH--he took me by 3-4 cars but I could not catch him by the 1/4. We hooked a U-turn and did a rolling kick (very even launch this time) and I steadily pulled about 2 cars on him until we hit 80mph and then we were even, I couldn't get away, he couldn't close the gap.

All-in-all I feel like it was a pretty productive run as I began to have some boost creep that started causing detonation and had to back off the throttle to keep it under control but even with only 10lbs, he was unable to reel me in. I must say that I am very impressed with the performance out of a bone stock 3800 Series II with only ported heads and a stock 87 GN turbo. I can't wait to see what a bigger intercooler and/or better fuel is going to do for me.

Back