You can type here any text you want

TurboV6Joe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
after replying to a post or two by V8killR4U. I'm starting to feel like a f'n retard and that I don't know what I'm doing are talking about. If you look at that guys last post or two he wants to know if you can run a big turbo on an unopened motor. In that one post he has two guys (you and me) that are doing just that. We both say sure it works just fine and we like our turbos. Then all these other yooyangs who aren't actually doing it say it wont work or will even slow you down. Maybe we should both put TA49's on our cars. We'll probably not put the front wheels down until well after the 60' mark and probably run back to back 10.70's or 10.80's....... :mad:

I really like the yooyang saying a 66 will have surge issues on unported head motor based on compressor maps. That dude should do a bit of home work and actually look at the compressor maps first.

Do turbochargers create some kind of magnetic feild that fries peoples brains?

Jason

Last year I had my bootie handed to me by another TTA running a TE63 and some NAWZZZ to suppossedly spool it..

The stock motor is an air plug.. there is only so much boost that can be run through it.. Guys running really fast on stock longblocks do it at 35 PSI. With heads/cam.. mid 20's.

My runs are around 27 to 28 psi and no NOS. I want to make a full pass with NOS this spring. I'm thinking like 23 psi and 50 hit of NOS.

Jason

You and me be thinken the same thing ;)

Tho I did heads, intake, and cam :D

Ethos....

Aristotle was a man who liked to talk a lot. In fact he named his thoeries of discourse "dialectics." One of the things he thought was important was a speakers "Ethos"....Meaning a speaker's credibility.

As far as I'm concerned, Postal and Razor have earned my respect when they speak about TTA's and making them fast. You both operate on the 'next level'....That's why a lot of us 'don't get it' the first time around....Be patient with us boys ;)

No worries, you both have Ethos in my eyes ;)

P.S. Aristotle used Ethos, Pathos (emotional arguments), and Logos (logic) to enter the world of discussion and ideas, in case you're interested. :) Plato modified the idea of dielectics, but, knew the theory well: Still a process of arriving at the truth.

P.P.S. Could there be enough difference between the GN flow characteristics and TTA air flow that causes the differences in turbo performance? :)

Heads questions..

Lee, one thing you have to remember is that we due to rockers have a distinct advantage rite out the box. So our heads as cast are better than GN's, coupled with a 1.67 rocker..which means more lift.. makes us a better platform stock wise.

Example the little Reed cam I just bought on a GN would be .470 lift with a 1.60 rocker. Go to 1.7 thats .500.. If you dont think that lift difference makes a big deal.. see what i'm getting at.

Add lift, add flow.. great combo.. wonder why the TTA MPH better..I dont believe aerodynamics at 100 mph.. a little .. but the valvetrain theory.. that I do :)

I'm another who believes in airflow. My heads will ported and a decent cam will be installed as well. With only 4 bolts holding each cylinder down my choice would be to run less boost with opened heads as opposed to high boost trying to pass it through the bottleneck. The bowls behind the valve are horrible. there is a hell of a lot of flow left on the table by the stock castings.

We'll see just how fast the 51 might go with opened heads and matched cam. Razor you use a 51 and have gone mid 11's correct? I think with the heads cleaned up it might be possible run a bottom 11 or high 10 in pefect tune or on that day when the planets are all alligned :D

Good luck to all this coming season.

Ported heads..

No doubt about it they work. I also believe the the more some one is pushing thier car the more gain you'll get. I bet I would get a huge gain from ported heads. Look what I got: big P-trim turbo, high flow liquid intercooler, big 3" exhaust and down pipe. Big fuel fuel system ect.. No boubt in my mind that the proper head and cam combo would make my car fly. I really feal I'm only one or two trips to the track from laying down some 10 second passes w/o getting into the motor.

I would like to lay down some times equal to or better than Tim stockwell ran before I get into my motor. his best run was 11.136 @ 121.51 before he ran two 10 second passes. I ran 11.16 & 11.17 back to back with 4 psi launches. My new tranny should be going in next week. Bigger brakes are going on the car. A new wide band fuel management set up is going on the car. I think a buddy of mine has talked me into trying out a 4 bolt exhaust housing instead of jumping straight into a new / bigger turbo. It isnt so much that I feel I need a bigger turbo on the compressor side. I think a 63 is nice choice for my HP level. What I want is to go to a GTQ exhaust wheel. I'm probably running close to 60 psi of back pressure on my motor. I feel the GTQ turbine wheel would really help to reduce that.

Jason

Postal,
It always amazes me how many people ask for opinions then turn right around and tell those that posted their opinions that they're wrong! I started messing with these cars with the purchase of my GN back in 1990. Over those years I made MANY bad choices in combos that cost me A LOT of money, time, and heartache (good thing I was single and no kids). Right before I sold my GN I got it to run in the 10's @ 125 mph, and kept it consistantly in the LOW 11's at 123-124 at our, at the time, slick local track. Having made all of those bad choices in combos over the years, I applied that "combo" knowledge to the TTA and had it running almost as fast and nearly as quick as the GN in less than 1 year, the hold back was mostly to budgetary constraints on the "go fast" parts. I'm still amazed on how few things I have done to the car and how fast it actually is! To think I had about everything known to the TR community on the GN and it wasn't much quicker/faster....that brings me to my new way of thinking. My new motto as applied to the TTA or any LC2 powered car is K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid). Ok, I'm off my box for now. If the dude that asked the questions is not willing to listen and run with your knowledge...then f'em and move on; I'll listen to ya Postal:)

Originally posted by postal

Do turbochargers create some kind of magnetic feild that fries peoples brains?

Jason [/B]

Yes they do,broke1 on this board has these brain problems.

Back