Turn signal - never seen this problem!

Hot Air Beast

Hot Air Lover
OK, so my right turn signal works fine front and back. The left turn signal rear works fine.
The left front turn signal goes on but does not flash. So, no big deal - probably a bulb right! Nope and the weird part is that the left turn signal arrow on dash lights up but does not flash, again not so unusual. Turn off the left turn signal and the arrow on the dash stay on, only not as bright as when I turn the signal on. WTF!

Anyone ever seen this? How can the display stay on when the arm is in stop position???

Phil in Ottawa canada

Clean out the bulb socket.....sometimes the brass contacts either break (sometimes the break can't be seen) or are corroded.....ask me how I know.

Bruce '87 Grand National

As mentioned above....Clean the bulb sockets and check the ground on the inner fender by battery.

To troubleshoot the system properly you need to know exactly what is happening when the hazard flashers are used, and what happens when the parking lamps are turned on alone and with the turn signal.

You need to note every bulb on the left front side including the dash indicator for each test and the park lamp test with and without the left turn indicator ON.

Most likely you have the wrong bulb in there. There are a couple that fit the turnsignal lamp. If you don’t use the right one you mess up the ground signal. The ground circuit goes through the bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk