TV Cable and WOT and TPS

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
Ok, I had a code 21, so I checked my TPS. It was at 3.68v at idle. Yeah, so I replaced it and I was setting it. I have it it .32 on the low side and was going to set the high side. I could not get it to go past 3.6v so I disconnected the TV cable and it went to 4.2. Is my TV cable bad or something? The throttle linkage WILL NNOT go to the WOT bump stop unless the TV cable is disconnected adn I cannot get over 3.6v on the TPS ubless it is disconnected. Also, what is the minimum voltage on the TPS for the computer to see WOT? I think I read it was 4.2 but I wanted to male sure.
TIA
Jeff

You have to adjust your TV cable out a couple of clicks. This is preventing you from opening the butterfly 100% and the ECM won't see the WOT signal from the TPS. Adjust the TV cable Until the you can just touch the throttle stop at full throttle.

Eric

TPS @ idle should be set at 0.42-0.44 millivolts and somewhere above 4.1 volts or so at WOT.

I adjusted the TV cable the way GN TTYPE.org pull cable all the way back and get in a press pedal to floor

I had the EXACT same situation. It can be helped with running the TV adjustment out but - the car will shift early (at least mine did).
To fix mine I replaced the TV cable (it was the wrong lengh), replaced the governor (it was wrong too) and TV valve (wrong also) in the trans. Swapped all of that and the problem was solved.

Wow, thats alot of wrong parts. When I bought this car, the guy had all the original maint docs back to the first oil change, even included when the rear speakers were replaced. The trans has been filter/fluid but never had anything else removed or replaced. I was having a problem with the car shifting early awhile back ( after the RJC PP install, I think it was my imagination) so I had been messing w/ the TV cable and I apparently had it way off. What I did a little while ago was ran the cable all the way loose with my VOM connected to the TPS and I got full voltage at the TPS. I then tightened the TV cable until it interfered w/WOT and went forward 1 notch. The trans shifts nicely, not jerky but yet still rather firm. There is def room for a shift kit now. I now have 4.2 volts at WOT and .44 at idle. I only been on this scene a couple months so I am learning quite a bit still.
Thanks for all the info/help
Jeff :D