You can type here any text you want

Twin turbo.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

Does anybody have a picture of converted twin turbo headers to single turbo with a bull horn type deal?
Just wanted to see how much of a pain it would be to run a single turbo in the front of the motor.
Considering the conversion to possible save some money.

Thank you.:)

John, I'd really like to see the pictures you have, as well. I'm fab'ing a set of headers and downpipes for a TT 5.7 Hemi, but I'd like to see how the setup looks with the hair dryer in front of the engine.

If you can, send them to Quickwrench@Runbox.com. I've got a 100MB mailbox, so don't worry.

Thanks a lot!

No problem, I will send them over when I get home from work.
I have a lot of v-8 stuff I will send your way also.

Please tell me about this hemi!!!!

Originally posted by John Wilde
Please tell me about this hemi!!!!
This is for a '72 Charger project I'm doing some fabrication for.

The engine/trans/TC is from an '03 Ram 2500. The owner isn't looking for HUGE numbers from the completed TT setup, but I'm moving forward with an approach that should net 600-650 horsepower...nothing radical, but it should make for a great cruiser, and be easy on parts. There really aren't any good cranks or rods out there for these yet that don't bring a King's ransom. Sad...

I'll tell you...this engine's a beast. It's got to be one of the most heavily-fortified blocks I've ever seen. Strengthening ribs everywhere, ultra-thick walls, etc. I've been working on a mild-steel mockup for the header design, and it's definitely going to look trick when it's done. Let's hope my TIG skills are on Red Bull. ;)

I don't mind admitting that I'm taking some design cues from Troy Trepanier and Foose. I've got a serious task ahead of me when it comes time to fab the wheelwells into something worth looking at...not to mention that the plumbing's got to be subtle, bulletproof, yet pretty as hell.

And he wants it done for the Power Tour next year. :eek:

That sounds like a way cool project.
Please share some pics as it progresses.
I sent you some pictures. Let me know if you would
like more!

Back