Twins on a Stocker

project x in action down in ennis..

projectx01.jpg

projectx02.jpg

projectx03.jpg

projectx04.jpg
<--the money shot

That last picture doesn't look too healthy.. NO SIR.

What was it that let go?

Re: a rod twisted...

Originally posted by Winsett
and came through the side of the block.

but the wheels were spinning and one was up in the air while it let go so it happened in glory...

highest trap speed for the race gas access road EVAR!!!

everyone went home with project x rod bits as souveneirs(sp)

It didnt. It spit a rod out of the side of the block setting the boost on the return road.

Don't despair, though.. twin turbo stock block goodness is not dead. I have a local very interested in undertaking this and have a fab shop Im in talks with now to build the needed pieces.

Nothing will probably happen for a few months but so far things are looking up.

I would also like to know,
First, I notice the A/C is deleted and heater box is gone... was that necessary to get things to fit or just what you were working with? Can all those items be in place and functional?
also the power steering res? Were there any problems w/boost control (besides the whole measly rod issue :) ). Any help you can give me would be great, I'm going to attempt this over the winter.

ADAM

The AC just happened to be gone.

The PS reservoir is moved, I guess you cant see it in the pictures.

In that kits form, I really dont think it would have worked that well in a street scenario. Tony said that with new AC lines it would have worked but the downpipe on the driver side was a little too close to things for my liking.

The next set up I do with the local guy is going to be completely different in all aspects. It may even be mass duplicatable and a true bolt on without rearranging a bunch of stuff. We'll just have to see how it comes out.

Project X had a lot of potential. Its too bad it fell off of the radar.