Twisted 6 Racing / PTC Converter 8.49 Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
I would like to thank Twisted 6 Racing / PTC Converters for sponsoring the 8.49 index class in March for the Turbobuick.com Nationals!!

The objective of PTC is to design and build a quality torque converter that will fully meet the needs of the Street/Strip and Race converter enthusiast. PTC is backed by over 90 years of combined experience.

In late 1995, Kenny Ford, Sam Law, and Kenneth Green founded Performance Torque Converters (PTC), a high performance torque converter company. The objective of PTC is to design and build a quality torque converter that will fully meet the needs of the Street/Strip & Race Converter enthusiast. PTC is backed by over 100 years of combined experience.

The Turbobuick.com 8.49 index class will pay $500 win / $200 RU. Entry fee is $25. This format will be heads-up/pro tree. There must be a 5 CAR MINIMUM in order to run the class. I would again like to thank Twisted 6 Racing / PTC Converters for their sponsorship and continued effort in the Buick Community!!

twisted.png

Tso

Will Cal be competeing with his car? I havent seen the car in a long time, does he still have it?
D

I don't think he will be competing in this class. He will be there in a more technical capacity.

Will Cal be competeing with his car? I havent seen the car in a long time, does he still have it?
D

Remember this is a 1/8 mile track. An 8.49 index is about a high 12 second run on a 1/4 mile track. Quick by any standard, but not exactly ripping the asphalt off the track. :wink:

As a matter of fact i'm thinking of running this class myself! :biggrin:

SW.

so how is it run
im assuming its closest to 8.49 without going over wins?
is double breakout in play?
-dan

so how is it run
im assuming its closest to 8.49 without going over wins?
is double breakout in play?
-dan

No, closest to 8.49 without going UNDER wins.
No, double break out is not in play, in the event of 2 cars going under the index the car that goes under the LEAST will be the winner. Example:

entry. Car1 Car2
Index. 8.49 8.49
run. 8.473 8.469
result. Win Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.