type 2 ignition

GBGN1

stroked
I want to change over from my stock 87 set up ,module going bad-and have a type 2 laying around but the plug in is different.my question is what year ign module do i need to make this work ?????????thanks
Brian:D

Modules

From gnttype.org

Compatible Ignition Modules (#10456478)
86-88 A Olds Ciera, Buick Century
86-87 E Olds Toronado, Buick Riviera
89-92 N Olds Calais, Buick Skylark
92 N Grand Am
86-88 H Olds 88, Buick Lesabre

Hope that helps! :D

I tried to do that once but it just didn't work out on my car.

I bought a new ignition module and new accel coils but it would not run correctly with it.

I had first thought it was because i was using the maf translator at the time but bob bailey told me that it shouldn't cause a problem.

I was lucky enough to be able to return the module and coils and get my money back so it only cost me my time.

I have read that some guy's have done it and it worked for them, so maybe you won't have the problems i did and it will work out for you.

Best of luck with it. :)

thanks,but did they have the type 2 coils in those years?

Yes, they did...I've been running Type II on mine for some time now.. No problems at all...And its the same DIS Coil that's used on over 1000 applications.. Check out AC Delco.com.. Their part # is D555... There is even an allegedly "hotter" Methanol coil available.. Part number escapes me at the moment..I picked up several sets of coils and modules very cheap off eBay...Tossed on a Caspers Hotwire kit just to be safe...

Parts Information | ACDelco

edit: Methanol coil part # is D546 from Delco..can be cross referenced to many other manufacturers