You can type here any text you want

UEGO #'s / what's normal #'s?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
What would the norm be for these numbers? Using FAST b2b , Listed Below are my#'s.

UEGO (V) 5.00
UEGOS (V) .31
UEGOR (V) 1.69

My (A/F ratio) locks on (15.94) and does'nt move! but the (O2 correction) does! it correct's! In the (temperature correction- CTS) table I moved the enrichment up 50% and the A/F never changed. but the wierd thing about it is, it smells like it's pig rich! even back at the orriginal setting. Scot w.

Scot, you beat me to it.

Hopefully somebody on here has looked at these numbers and can help out.

To amplify Scot's post a little, I was over trying to help out today, and even though I'm not FAST expert, there were some things I saw that were a little strange.

On the FAST dashboard:

System is locked on an A/F ratio readout of 15.9, even thought the car smells a little on the rich side. :confused:

When reving the engine and getting it up into the closed loop minimums you can see a changing "A/F correction" value. :confused:

When reving, the UEGOS (V) value does change a little from .31 to about .27 I have no clue what that value is.

UEGO (V) 5.00 I assume is the operating voltage, but can't swear to that. It also never changes.

The voltage I am most suspect is UEGOR (V) 1.69 Again, I'm only guessing, but it's my suspision that voltage indicates the sensors's output value. The reason I say this is because in my mind's eye, I can see where 1.69 plotted along a 0-5 line might equate to an A/F ratio of something in the 15.9 range.

I suspect a bad O2 sensor... Can anyone verify based on the above info????

mine did that once and it turned out to be a hole in the header :') check closely for leaks or holes around and upstream of the 02 sensor.

Doug

Bad sensor or wiring, probably the sensor. Disconnect the sensor and give those readings without the sensor connected.

mine did that once and it turned out to be a hole in the header :') check closely for leaks or holes around and upstream of the 02 sensor.

Doug

Nope, no header leaks. The sensor sits about 12+ inches downstream of the turbo.

Scot, here's some more info I dug up. It might be helpful.

Some things to look at:

- The first thing to check is for the appearance of a Lambda symbol (l) in the lower right-hand corner of the screen while online.* This indicates that the O2 sensor is connected to the ECU and that the ECU is calibrated for that sensor.* The sensor is not properly connected or the ECU is not calibrated for this sensor if this symbol does not appear.
- If the Lambda symbol appears, start the vehicle and look at a sensor called UEGOS (V) in the main dashboard display.* This voltage should stabilize between 0.43 and 0.49 volts within 30 seconds of operation.* If it does, it is an excellent indicator that the sensor is in good working order.* If your sensor seems to be reading incorrectly but the UEGOS voltage is OK, this is most commonly caused by exhaust leaks, dead or misfiring cylinders, or air reversion in the exhaust pipe causing artificially lean readings.* Engines with long-duration camshafts and/or large, open exhaust systems often produce artificially lean readings at low RPM.
- If the UEGOS voltage is out of range, the sensor will become inoperative.* This could be the result of wiring harness damage, physical damage to the sensor, contamination of the sensor, or damage to the ECU.
-There is a heating element within the sensor that can break if the sensor is dropped or struck by another object.* If this element is damaged, the sensor must be replaced.* You can check to see if the heating element is broken much like you would check a light bulb - hold it next to your ear and listen for something rattling around inside the sensor.* Be certain to hold the sealing washer on the end of the sensor or it too will rattle.
-If the sensor element does not appear to be broken, apply power to the ECU but do not start the car.* You should be able to see the element glowing in the end of the sensor within about 30 seconds, and in 1 to 2 minutes, you should feel the body of the sensor getting very warm.* You should also be able to look directly into a small hole in the very tip of the sensor and see the orange glow of the heating element.*
-Carefully inspect all of the wires leading to the oxygen sensor and make sure that no wires have been melted or pinched.* Also pay special attention to the connectors and be certain that all pins in the connector are securely seated within the connector body.
-The sensor element should become a light gray or tan color after a while.* If the sensor is blackened by carbon or oil, this indicates an excessively rich fuel mixture and/or oil burning , which tend to dramatically decrease the life expectancy of the sensor.
-If the sensor has been exposed to any significant amount of antifreeze, it is almost certain to fail if it hasn't already.* All oxygen sensors are highly prone to damage when exposed to antifreeze.
-Oxygen sensors are also very prone to failure when exposed to salt water vapor in marine applications.* The water vapor will dissolve on the sensor element and leave the salt crystals behind, often leading to premature sensor failure.
- To verify that the oxygen sensor circuitry in the ECU is working properly, disconnect the oxygen sensor and observe the following sensors in the main dashboard display while online:* UEGO (V) should read approximately 3.51 volts, UEGOS (V) should read approximately 1.02 volts, and UEGOR (V) should read approximately 4.98 volts.

I still haven't found anyone that can tell me exactly what the various UEGO voltages represent (there should be somebody out there that understands them, especially on this forum), so run the above tests and see.

You are on the right track. Here's what the voltages mean:

UEGO is essentially a representation of the measured a/f ratio from max rich to max lean on a 0-5V scale. It is a voltage generated by the WB controller based on feedback from the sensor. WB sensors don't have an output wire per se.

UEGOS has to do with the heater control circuit. When the sensor is happy, it will stabilize around 0.45V. I don't remember what the limits are before the ECU disables closed loop, but 0.31 is definitely a problem indicator.

UEGOR has to do with the sensor calibration resistor. As long as the lambda symbol appears, you are OK. There is no "correct" value for this number - it varies with each application.

Refer to the quotes from the manual above and make sure the UEGO values with the sensor disconnected are in line with the numbers shown. That should verify that the ECU is OK.

You are on the right track. Here's what the voltages mean:

UEGO is essentially a representation of the measured a/f ratio from max rich to max lean on a 0-5V scale. It is a voltage generated by the WB controller based on feedback from the sensor. WB sensors don't have an output wire per se.

UEGOS has to do with the heater control circuit. When the sensor is happy, it will stabilize around 0.45V. I don't remember what the limits are before the ECU disables closed loop, but 0.31 is definitely a problem indicator.

UEGOR has to do with the sensor calibration resistor. As long as the lambda symbol appears, you are OK. There is no "correct" value for this number - it varies with each application.

Refer to the quotes from the manual above and make sure the UEGO values with the sensor disconnected are in line with the numbers shown. That should verify that the ECU is OK.

THanks!!! Now I know a ton more than I did an hour ago!! :smile:

1)- If the Lambda symbol appears, start the vehicle and look at a sensor called UEGOS (V) in the main dashboard display.* This voltage should stabilize between 0.43 and 0.49 volts within 30 seconds of operation. RESULTS= (0.08 after several minutes at idle.)

2)- -If the sensor element does not appear to be broken, apply power to the ECU but do not start the car.* You should be able to see the element glowing in the end of the sensor within about 30 seconds, and in 1 to 2 minutes, you should feel the body of the sensor getting very warm.* You should also be able to look directly into a small hole in the very tip of the sensor and see the orange glow of the heating element. RESULTS= ( YES! )

3)- -The sensor element should become a light gray or tan color after a while.* If the sensor is blackened by carbon or oil, this indicates an excessively rich fuel mixture and/or oil burning , which tend to dramatically decrease the life expectancy of the sensor. RESULTS= ( Black and sooty) Can it be cleaned?

4)-- To verify that the oxygen sensor circuitry in the ECU is working properly, disconnect the oxygen sensor and observe the following sensors in the main dashboard display while online:* UEGO (V) should read approximately 3.51 volts, UEGOS (V) should read approximately 1.02 volts, and UEGOR (V) should read approximately 4.98 volts. RESULTS, Dead on! = UEGO (V)= 3.53 v / UEGOS (V)= 1.02v / UEGOR (V)= 5.00v

Whats my next move?? Scot w.

Cal, you got any input on this matter?

Probably a bad O2. It wouldn't hurt to get a universal calibration installed in the box, and then borrow another O2 (I could loan you one) and see if that's the problem. If it is, I would also contact whomever you purchased the FAST from and try and get some $$ for a new sensor.

Definitely a bad sensor. FAST will send you an option file for like $15 that lets you use any L1H1-compatible O2 sensor that you can buy yourself, and you can buy one cheapest from Ballenger Motorsports in Virginia. $160 plus shipping.

I still think it is a bad Downloaded version of the wp program that is installed in his laptop, I will check on saturday,but with using the dos version that i have on my computer, all of the above things that were not working,work on my computer. A/F is switching on the dash board, 02 Correction is correcting,
It shows the lambda on the top left on the screen along with the wb thingie
( remember this is on a dos version of the fast not the windows version )

I will know more on Saturday!! I do not get to spend alot of time with Scot,
We live about 30 miles from each other and with me being sick the last 13 days i have not been able to get over there and look at anything!!!! Scot has another wb 02 sensor but it is not matched to the box.

Just my .02

Puddin

I still think it is a bad Downloaded version of the wp program that is installed in his laptop, I will check on saturday,but with using the dos version that i have on my computer, all of the above things that were not working,work on my computer. A/F is switching on the dash board, 02 Correction is correcting,

We live about 30 miles from each other and with me being sick the last 13 days i have not been able to get over there and look at anything!!!! Scot has another wb 02 sensor but it is not matched to the box.

Just my .02

Puddin

I'd have to disagree. Take a look at his UEGO #'s in the above post. All the numbers did what was expected of them as soon as the sensor was unplugged. They went to the fast box defaults. I doubt the laptop or it's sofware load would/could do that.

It has to be either a bad sensor or bad wire to/from it.

Just my .02

Puddin
all of the above things that were not working,work on my computer. A/F is switching on the dash board, 02 Correction is correcting,

Puddin! That was not working the last time you were here with your computer and we had your lap-top pluged in then we pluged mine in and it was the same! your forgetting too much in your old age!:biggrin: (Lance) from FAST said the same thing about the UEGO values when the O2 was unplugged, The lap-top is getting it's readings from the FAST box, So, If everything reads fine, everything is fine! :) Scot w.

I Quit, Scot knows my computer better than i do,And has used my computer more than i have!! Oh well **** happens.
I will just have to try to remember this.the next time. AGE SUXS

I Quit, Scot knows my computer better than i do,And has used my computer more than i have!! Oh well **** happens.
I will just have to try to remember this.the next time. AGE SUXS
No i don't know your computer better than you and haven't used yours more than you but I was standing right at the car door when you had yours on it and stood right there when we tried mine and it was the same. sorry! Remember you got on the phone to Cal and told him that we tried both and that mine was doing the same and that the A/F read the same 15.94v? you old fart!!!:D should'nt you be in bed?

Enough of the pissin match....

I will try and get the o2 option disc from fast and another o2 and we will take it from there...

To be continued.......

No i don't know your computer better than you and haven't used yours more than you but I was standing right at the car door when you had yours on it and stood right there when we tried mine and it was the same. sorry! Remember you got on the phone to Cal and told him that we tried both and that mine was doing the same and that the A/F read the same 15.94v? you old fart!!!:D should'nt you be in bed?

Like i said I QUIT !!!! I'm in bed!! HMM it says i posted this at 10:52 PM and it is 1:19 am on Friday morning,Go figure>>>

Just for chits and giggles, try re-loading the C-com software to your computer, from a GOOD disk or from web-site.

Back