You can type here any text you want

Ummmm Alignment...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

macatoni

Buick Powered
So i popped a tire on the freeway goin like 80mph. Nothin bad pulled over and life goes on. The steering was off slightly after that. The car went straight but the steering wheel was off to one side by a few inches. Got new tires and an alignment and then it was horrible. Almost half way turned just to go straight but still didnt pull to either side. Guy said the toe was really off on one side. I drove it around the block then had them do it again. After the second attempt it was off again but to the other side! But only by a few inches. I had to drive to lake tahoe so i had no choice but to leave. Why cant these people get the steering wheel straight. Is it my car? Also i cant for the life of me find someone who wants to align my panhard bar. I did it by myself with a tape measure but i feel there is a more accurate method. Its a lot more centered then it was with the stock bar. And the steering wheel was still straight after i put the bar in...

Thanks in advance,
David

Thats a bummer!

The places I use will block the steering wheel in the center position and then align everything from there. That leaves the wheel centered when they are done.

Its easy to call it incompetence, especially after the second try, but I wonder if you have a newbie doing your alignment?

I would not do it myself. Over time, a small out of spec measurement will do bad things to your tires, and to your quarter mile time.

lee :)

Back