You can type here any text you want

Unhappy new owner of a 911

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tim87tr

Obsession or Digression?
Live in a small town of about 9000 and went to AutoZone to get some Mothers wheel wax. As I'm leaving, a brown 911 with the big wing, targa top, and the paper temporary license drives past. I catch him at a stop sign (two lanes for only about 100 feet) and he is shifting high into the rpm range, car sounded healthy. Maybe someone can tell me what I killed:D Followed behind him out of town to an open area of highway see what he would do.

My plan was to get in the passing lane and ease up to his door to bait him. Turns out he didn't need much encouragement since when I manually shifted into second at about 45 mph and moved over easy into the passing lane a car length behind him, he floors it, and he got a great jump. I nailed it and had to quickly bump it to second and flew by him, let off before 100. Wasn't a walk by, or cruise by, it wiped the 911 out badly. I had 2 passengers and he had one passenger.

He didn't even try to catch up after I coasted for a long ways to slow down, he stayed back real far. I eventually came to a sideroad and slowed to turn around, and he does the flyby with the finger out the targa top, seemed real unhappy;) He had it floored and passed a minivan down the road at well over 100 I'm sure. I'm sure it wasn't the best experience to be out in a newly acquired 911 with a friend, and get passed quickly by a Dark Red brick.

I just installed the Razor progressive kit and was running around 22-23 lb boost, no kr, SM showed low O2 of 750 at 91mph on that kill. I haven't had the chance for any tuning with the kit, but I am sure I could go 2 or 3 more psi boost without kr. Going to the track in a couple weeks to shoot for some low 7's on the 23 psi, before I add any more boost.

ATTA BOY!!!!

Nice kill man, You know what year it was? I like porsches alot but i would rather have my baby buick :o lol

Re: ATTA BOY!!!!

Originally posted by 87grandnational
Nice kill man, You know what year it was? I like porsches alot but i would rather have my baby buick :o lol
No, I am not familiar with them, but have always liked the 911s way back into high school (80's). Used to have a brass Porshe belt buckle...lol (really, that was cool in the eightys :) )

The car I ran was a real nice car. Really the only time I ever rode in fast car was once at a car dealer around 1984, a mechanic was test driving a 911 he just tuned up, and invited me to go along. The car pulled like crazy and was all over the road on the 1-2 shift. Never had a car with power until my GN in 2000. Are all 911s turbos, and can you tell what year or model due to the big wing it has?
BTW, I can't edit my first post, meant to say I quickly shifted into THIRD.

Nice kill Timmy! You're finally getting some action in little old Paris!!! I'm not familiar with the older 911's either, but if you got the finger, then you did your job well. :D Way to hold up the Buick Turbo community in Paris. Show them what we're all about!!!

You can't tell anything by a Porsche's wing, cuz you can add a wing or whaletail onto any model. I've seen plenty of 911's, 911SC's, Carreras, etc. with a turbo wing and Turbo badging, but when you look in the wing (where the factory intercooler is for 95% of the 911 family), there ain't nothing there...

Good kill, though, because even the non-turbos are pretty quick, especially in the 911 family.

Jim

Good Kill..

Love when they swallow the hook ;)

Back