You can type here any text you want

Used TTA's - How much??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Slow91z

Turbobuick.com Helper
Staff member
Hey guys, I don't make it into this "realm" very often, you know being a T-type guy and all, but I have a question for ya.

What's the cheapest you can find a good TTA?? When I say good I mean runs drives with no MAJOR problems...Paint don't matter, miles don't really matter just a solid car you could drive on the weekends.

Example - I bought my T-type for $4000, It's primered, but it has 70,XXX original on it and the interior is pretty nice except for a small hole in the carpet. Put a radiator in it the day after I bought it, replaced the plugs and wires and I drive it everyday. At 20 pounds of boost and a good chip it went 13.07@104 on plain radials.

The reason I'm asking is a buddy of mine is in the market for a car...He wanted a Mustang (I can't let him hang himself like that) but I think I have almost talked him into a TTA (he doesn't want a Buick cuz I have one)...Problem is he only has like $6000 or so he can spend on one and everyone I find is like $10,000 or up.

I was a F-body guy before I EVER liked Buicks, but I couldn't find a TTA in my price range and stumbled onto this car out of nowhere.

Thanks for any help and I'm sorry this is so long...I like to talk.

Don't think you will find one in your buddys price range in anything but bad condition, these were $30k when new and most people took good care of them over the yrs.
Around $8k might be the cheapest one you can find.
Tell him to save up another yr and get one for 10-12k, it would be worth it:cool:

Don't think he'll wait....Guess he'll probably end with a stang....All I can say is good, I'll STILL beat you at the track. LOL

Look around on eBay, I watch them often and see some go for the $7-8k price range that are good driver cars. For some reason these cars just have not went up much in value even though they were very expensive new.

There was a 65k car in good shape that sold for 6700 on ebay not to long ago. Good luck

Hey Jeff I see you're stationed at Scott...What's it like there?? Any idea how far it is to Louisville, KY?? I'm thinking about trying to go there for my next base, I live close to Louisville.

I would say Scott is about 6 hours or so away. Pretty nice here, but I need to go back south (My cars hate the cold).

I'm used to it, I'm from Indiana and my first base was/is in Delaware...6 hours huh?? That's like 1/2 the drive I have now to go home.

Not much of a change for you then. At least you have all those east coast buick shops to help you out up there.

The problem with that is everyone I know with a tr AND my parts guy are all in Indiana...plus it makes Beach Bend and Kokomo (no idea if I spelled that right) a heck of a drive. I'm gonna try to make it anyhow, thinking about renting a 3/4 pickup and a trailer, tow my car to Bowling Green, and just take a couple weeks of leave, race go visit Mom, all that stuff.

Money talks! For a high mileage one that doesn't need a lot he may find something for 6500-7000. Don't let em go stang! Although the aftermarket is great for the old 302's the technology and cost of performance will outweigh the extra 1000-1500 he'll spend on a tta.

Good luck!

If he is so stuck on only spending $6,000 then what does he plan to spend on performance parts? If he wants to go 14's or 15's then a stang is for him, if he wants to go 12's then he could buy the stang and dump another $4,000 into it and go 12's or just buy a TTA for $8,000-$10,000 and spend maybe $1,000 and get it into the 12's all day long. Any faster and then the price difference just grows till you get to the point where money doesn't matter. In the 11-13 second range ($0-$1500 invested) the TTA's are gonna be a alot cheaper, once you try for the tens reliably then it is just expensive no matter what you own.

He's stuck on spending around $6000 because that's pretty much all he can afford to get a loan for and still be able to buy parts.

Thanks for the input so far guys...this is pretty good stuff.

tell em to save the money he thinks he's gonna spend on parts buy a car a little more and not need the parts. 12's aren't hard for a stocker

Back