How to hotrod your Buick V6 PDF

Potential dumb question of the day...

I see the turbo boost ratings specified as: "57 in. HG-absolute"

What is that equate to in pounds, or bar?

Thanks.

You don't need a chart or google. A BAR is 1 atmosphere. Basically 14.7 pounds per square inch. (easy number to remember, same as stoich on a gas mixture).

Inches of vacuum are right at double that of 1PSI. That's why if you have 18 inches of idle vacuum, the fuel pressure drops 9 pounds when you hook up the vacuum line.

Thanks for posting this. a few times a year I find myself in conversation which ends with me saying "I'll scan those pages from the PowerSource book and send them to you..." then retrieve the book and try to make straight page scans on the scanner without destroying the binding while attempting right side up scans and full page scans that are legible. Of course it would be easier if I just separated all the pages, scanned 'em, put them into sheet protectors and a new 3-ring binder - but that never happened. Great job!

trying to help restore data to the forum on my own. attached is the version of the PowerSource book Chris originally posted. link is dead post the servers failure. suggest saving the attachment for yourselves, never know when it could disappear.

Attachments

• Buick PowerSource Book.pdf
    17.2 MB · Views: 414