V6 6-speed??

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

Does anyone make a kit to put a T56 6-speed behind a L36 3800 Series II or know if its even possible?

Thanks,

there are no "kits" i know of....alot of those fiero guys have 5speed getrags

A bellhousing from a 94-95 2.2 s10 will bolt up, and then a mustang t5 will bolt to that, I also considered this swap

well I'm thinking more in terms of gaining the extra overdrive gear for top speed and open road racing type applications. mainly just an overdrive that will handle 500hp and high speed usage

and what are you doing to your buick regal to make 500hp? thats quite a number for a hot-box m90

Its not for my SR, its for a crazy idea I have for a LSR or open road racer. Besides you can't mount a T56 sidewayz in the frount of a W-body. It look like going with a built 4L60E is a better idea anywhay.

i definately need to figure out what i want to do for the trans since i'll definately be pushing out 500whp+

get an Intense transaxle, thats what the guys running the big times do. I wish I could put a 4T80E in it but I really don't want to hack up the frontend of the car to do that.

intense breaks their OWN trannies. there is a new guy in NJ that does work for John tsmiras (sp.) on his mp112/direct port nitrous car, and his trans, that is supposed to be making the best trans available.

Originally posted by caindo
intense breaks their OWN trannies. there is a new guy in NJ that does work for John tsmiras (sp.) on his mp112/direct port nitrous car, and his trans, that is supposed to be making the best trans available.

Are you talking about Eric Schertz at Dynotech?

Overdrive Tranny

Obviously you plan on putting this in a rear drive application so I'll tell you wht you need for a bolt in tranny. A T-5 from a third gen V6 Camaro(or Firebird) bolts directly to the rear of a 3800 (series I or II). Give a call to a place called G force transmissions for the necessary internal parts needed to beef up the T-5 for your HP requirements. The weight of the vehicle in question also plays a part in the trannies capability. The lighter the better. Order a new flywheel for a 96-02 3800 V6 Camaro (and a new set of bolts, they're longer). You'll need to make your own throwout bearing using 2 of them. The 3800 flywheel sits about 9/16" closer to the back of the block, so what i did was weld 2 together after kncking the spinning part of the bearing off 1 of them. or you could use an adjustable hyd. Slave cylinder setup, that's up to you. I'm doing this for a rear drive conversion on an 83 Dodge Shelby Charger. I like the car but the front drive stuff has to go. It's completely stupid to have this much HP in a front drive car. GM does it in Australia I don't know why they didn't give us this option on the Camaro,Firebird here. Having more engine Choices could of saved them,not everyone wants the base engine and not everyone wants the V8. I'll try to dig up the number for G force and get back to you, Have to look through my HOT ROD magazines to find it.

Well, he said he wanted to put a t-56 6speed(behind) it in some sort of open road racer. So that to me incinuates CTX SLPR plans on putting it into a car in a rear drive platform. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
Its not for my SR, its for a crazy idea I have for a LSR or open road racer.

Two entirely different cars.
LSRs in the production type classes have to be EXTREMELY heavy to get a grip on the salt.
LSR on the other hand can be extremely light.

Either way, the need for *more being better* gears, is to keep the motor at peak torque thur the run. So a small high reving engine would like that, a wide torque ban motor like a TR has, wouldn't really need that, IMO.

If you're serious about LSR, then a manual is the only way to go, you need all the HP you can get to move the car. Don't forget Bonneville is hot, dry, and at altitude. There's just not much O2 to work with.

Open Road, reguires handling, and recoverable stability. Both mandate light weights.

To win now a days, takes a total focus, IMO, the day of dual purpose cars is just about over.

Thanks for the input Bruce,

I always have ideas a dreams floating around for stuff. I really am not out for records or anything, more for fun, especially fun on a budget. I ran across one of my favorite bodystyle Buicks for cheap on eBay at the time I posted it and it got me thinking tiny 61 Special with a Series II or Series III 3800 V6 with an L36 Camaro block and heads swinging an L67 or L32 rotating assembly for turbo compatable compression on the cheap. Pop a pair of Ford IHI turbos on some upside down and backwards L67 manifolds and blow it through a Camaro intake. The transmission was more the application side of it, the T5 and 4L60E already mate up if you get the right versions of them but they are not known for thier power holding potential stock and the T56 is pretty durable stock. I guess I'm a bit more open road racer oriented because its not just about going fast in a straight line and I guess its a bit more streetable than a LSR car.

I'm on to dreaming about replaceing my SR daily driver with something thats practical rearwheel drive and got some umph to it and above all reliability. Honestly the only thing really showing promise is the Ford full sized cars, especially the Lincoln Town Car since its rear wheel drive, wonderfuly reliable and pretty plush. The umph is questionable though... but since its just another 4.6L Ford mod motor.... more power is just a smashed Mustang or catalog away. Finally the transmissions in those cars a pretty durable, look at CK, they use AODE's as the base for thier serious overdrives, got to be a good design. Just more ramblings from me.

Thanks,