You can type here any text you want

V8 in a Ranger and Prelude tangles with the GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Out cruising
At a red light and see the headlights in my rear view hopping behind me. I think nothing of it and just ease off on the light change. The headlights are from a truck and he is all up on my bumper kicking it (headlights jumping up). Traffic is clear, so I stab it and he jumps to the right lane and i jump out a car on him.
We roll deep (hauling booty) into drive and I lift, still ahead.
I pull up to the red light and then he pulls up, noticing that it is a late 80's early 90' ranger with a v8 camming out and mad rubber under the rear.
He gives me the nod and the light drops he lights them up and gets squirrelly on the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift (manual tranny). Sounded good. Traffic was clogged to try to go. Cool race that is why I could not get away no more than a car. Tangled with a prelude body kit, gauges, kept revving on me but would not go at the light.
So 10 minutes later I see him in the rear view V-TEC blaring coming on me hard from at least a 100 yard lead. No way this turkey is getting by me. So, I nail it he runs up to me quarter panel pulls for a second then bam. The departure :cool: leave him like he is sitting still.
We pull up to the red light and the cat would not even look over at me...whatever fast and furious movie hype weenie.

Hahha, those rice weenies.

I was tooling around town last week in my GN and saw some bozo with his F&F Honda slammed and a tach the size of his steering wheel mounted on his dash. He kept his composure as I crept past him at speed and we stayed together til we hit another light (with cars in front of us). Light turned green and I purposely started off real slow to time my 1-2 shift to be right at his downed window. Perfect!...CHIRP! right in his ear with the turbo whistlin' dixie. We drove another mile or two and he didn't look over once after that, kept a good distance behind and wouldn't come close. Friggin loser weenies. He probably would have given me a little run since my GN's totally original with Goodyear Eagle GT's (ouch).

Nice kills, i've actually never seen a v8 ranger before. I'll bet that thing makes some tire smoke.

Yeah, this truck had alot of rubber in the back. It sounded freaking good, dude was grabbing gears like a mad man when he left from the light.

Nice kill. Yeah, a V8 Ranger could be pretty salty. At the local car show the other night, a guy was there with a Miata. He had a 5.0 Mustang motor in it. That motor just barely fit in there. Didn't see it run, but I bet it is fast.

whoa, Man I know that motor was squeezed in the Miata.

The thing would probably go so fast it would make your ears flap against your head:D :D :D .

Yeah, the HP to weight ratio would be incredible in that car. hmmmmm.....wonder if a nice little turbo motor could be squeezed into one?

Originally posted by Captain Mark
Nice kill. Yeah, a V8 Ranger could be pretty salty. At the local car show the other night, a guy was there with a Miata. He had a 5.0 Mustang motor in it. That motor just barely fit in there. Didn't see it run, but I bet it is fast.
Miata's with the v8 can't get traction.The weight is too far forward and you can't fit a big enough tire under them .All they do is spin the tires.So basically the guy just ruined his handling and now it will not go good in a straight line.

Are you talking about Shelby A/C cobras?? If so they had almost 50 50 weight distrabution.The engines almost sat in you're lap.Also they had bigger wheel's and tires.Go look at some pics of an shelby cobra with the hood up and pay attention to where the wheels are in relation to the engine.The engine on an AC cobra is way behind the frount wheels.But on a miata the engine is hanging over the wheels.

I'm not sure that's the only one out there. I've heard of miata's with the 5.0 and they were called monster miata. I seem to recall it in a magazine and it was green. It's been a long time and it could have just been the same one:confused:

Short wheel base car..

I'd imagine on a car with that short of a wheel base, you are also shooting yourself in the foot traction-wise. There's a reason why top-fuel dragsters are so long. The Shelby's seem to have a widerstance as well.. the Miata is a shoebox.

I happen to have seen a shelby cobra kit car with a turbo v-6 inside! It was titties! dude had massive 315 35 17 inch tires out back to hook up with. bet THAT thing is fun as hell to drive....:eek:

Back