You can type here any text you want

vac brake conversion donor?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alaskabuick

I have an 84 (i think) non turbo parts car. Can I use the vac brake on it for a conversion on my GN?

Thanks!

Den

yes.. a Regal is a Regal..
actually, any G body can be a donor, but a 1990 Caprice has a bigger booster that is a bolt in deal.

I will add this tip for people thinking of going with BAER brakes. BAER recommends a 15/16" bore size for their brakes and the 1986-87 Monte Carlo SS vacuum brakes happen to have the 15/16" bore size making them a perfect upgrade for the use of BAER brakes...

So the ideal setup for baer (will get there one day) is '90 caprice booster, '86 or '87 mcss master cylinder? Just taking notes for a few projects down on the list.!!!

I will add this tip for people thinking of going with BAER brakes. BAER recommends a 15/16" bore size for their brakes and the 1986-87 Monte Carlo SS vacuum brakes happen to have the 15/16" bore size making them a perfect upgrade for the use of BAER brakes...

i'd think that a 15/16" bore master cylinder would be pretty weak feeling with a booster and PBR calipers- i ran a master cylinder with that bore size in a manual setup with the C4 Vette front brakes in my Nova, and it felt just perfect.

So the ideal setup for baer (will get there one day) is '90 caprice booster, '86 or '87 mcss master cylinder? Just taking notes for a few projects down on the list.!!!
Only IF the Caprice master cylinder has a 15/16 bore size! I'm not positive what they have but I do know for sure that the MCSS does.

(87-WE2 ) I'm not too sure on the caprice booster mixed with the MCSS master. I got all the MCSS stuff and my brakes work fantastic! I have video's to prove just how well they work.

yes.. a Regal is a Regal..
actually, any G body can be a donor, but a 1990 Caprice has a bigger booster that is a bolt in deal.

I was actually looking at the Caprice one as it has a bore larger than 1". Question I have is, is it possible to go TOO big? I'm running C5 front brakes with 13" rotors and SSBC Tri-Power calipers along with the SSBC rear 11" disc conversion.

Back