You can type here any text you want

vaccum kit brake booster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

poppy1440

hi fellas
i just received a used vaccum kit and the brake booster has something that sounds like a metal ball rolling around in it. is this normal and if not is it ok to install on my car

There should not be anything loose inside the booster.Were the bolts that hold booster to firewall or master loose in the box.If so is one missing?

no all six bolts are still on booster and there is a pin that keeps falling out on the side that has the two bolts

What side of the booster does it feel likes its in.might get lucky and it is in the engine side.pull the valve and rubber grommit and maybe you can get it out through the hole depending on what it is.where did you get it?

this piece came out of the booster
. I hooked a vaccum line up to the booster and it seems to work but my concern is that this had to have a purpose. do ya'll think this is an important part. I bought it from red turbo T and he said he would make it good. I was just wondering about safety.

sorry I couldn't get picture to upload but it is a metal rod 1 inch long and 1/4 inch in diameter it has an indention on one end and a point on the other

When you say it works do you mean its in the car and the brakes work?

no i'm sorry it's not on the car. I bought the kit from turbo red t and he is going to make sure I get a working Booster but he told me to hook a vaccum line to the booster to see if the lever that connects to the brake pedal would become easier to push in when connected and it does. I was just wondering What this part is for. I was able to upload a picture to the other buick community forum.

Back