You can type here any text you want

Vaccum???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

How many pounds of vaccum should I see in my car? I am showing around 14#-15#'s. I also have a 212/212 cam in her. Is that a little low? I have been looking in the Buick forum and some of the #'s I have been seeing are in the 20's.

TIA,

Originally posted by tta1401
How many pounds of vaccum should I see in my car? I am showing around 14#-15#'s. I also have a 212/212 cam in her. Is that a little low? I have been looking in the Buick forum and some of the #'s I have been seeing are in the 20's.

TIA,

Do you mean 14-15in's???

If so thats good!!

Phil

I think so?:confused: I have the 30psi vaccum/boost gauge. It should sow me in there, right? That is what I have been using. I only tested w/ a vaccum gauge once. It is measured in PSI, right? I think I just had a brain dump.:o

TIA,

Vacuum is USUALLY measured in "inHG" Im sure your gage is a 30/30 but the vacuum side is proally "inHg". still that being said 14-15 is fine. some guy get higher but your fine.

I'd kill to have 14 - 15 in. of vacuum, best I can see is 13-14 on a good day. maybe my 208-208 cam has something to do with it ??? Turbota (#70)

I get 12-13inHg at an idle of 650-700RPM in gear. I have a stock cam in the car.

Okay, I feel better now.:) Didn't realize that was the norm. Just wanted to doulbe check. Thanks guys.

Back