You can type here any text you want

Vacume Brake Booster Check Valve

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SNOWBIRD

I have been running a vacume brake system on my car,I always worry that the plastic check valve that plugs in the booster will explode due to the 25 lbs of boost that I run on my car........Has any body had this happen or is there a better one on the market.....I realize the TTA had a vacume system ,was the check valve different

Shouldn't be a problem, you may want to check it periodically to be sure it hasn't started failing.

brakes won't hold-can't build boost

I was building boost from the line and I hear a bump sound and the car starts to roll. Now when ever I try to build boost, at just below 1lb the car starts to move. It never did that before. I use to build 8lbs of boost from the line and
it has a vacuum system. I replaced the master cylinder, front and rear brakes (S-10 cylinders on rear). The vacuum valves and the brake booster is all that haven't been changed. The Brakes are not hard to press. Does anyone have any suggestions. (There are no leaks to speak of). How do I check the vacuum valve on the master cylinder and the one in the line to the intake?

Most likely there isnt one on the line, but if there is just remove it and blow through both ends, the end you can't blow through goes to the motor side. If you can blow through both then replace it. Same goes for the one on the booster, it should pop out with a little help, if you can blow through it then replace it.

I had one of the plastic factory check valves fail on me once when i had to brake suddenly,the car could still be stopped (unlike when the pm failed on me)but not as fast as i would like it to.

What i did was i bought the metal check valve from ATR it has viton seals in it and used it in place of the plastic one on the brake booster, never had a problem since.

I believe some of the other vendors on here sell the same metal check valve.

check valve

Here is a link: summitracing.com

Try one of the vendors on here as they might carry that. Gbody parts, Full Throttle, Hartline, Cottons, etc.

Back