Vacuum booster

turbohye

Nuclear Reactor
searched but didnt find anything, doing the vacuum conversion after putting it off for about a year, what is the drawback of not using the vacuum block as an option. Is there a plus to using it. will another vacuum source be adequate? Any site where i can puchase it from?

You can pick the vacuum block up from Kirbans...It's about 30.00 bux. I know there is another source to plug into but can't think of it ATM. I'm using the vacuum block since that is what the TTA's used.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

another vacuum source?

yes. :eek:
Get a 3/8 T @ the local parts store (I prefer the ones with barbs) and use the pcv line. :cool:
Make sure you use/have check valves to the booster.

I think that's it :confused:

hmm when i tried installing the brakes earlier i realized that the PCV wouldnt work since its removed and has a K&N breather filter on it. The problem is what some people post on here when you build boost and the pedal just forces its way through your foot pressure. Replaced that damn check valve literally 3 times with new units. However when the pedal is fully up, there is a strange hissing sound coming from under the dashboard only when the pedal is up leading me to believe that the booster has a terrible leak. Would you guys agree or is this something you guys experienced.

Yes, your booster is leaking vacuum. There is a seal that may not be seated. All you can do is pull the booster, hook it up to vacuum, and manipulate the plunger to see if you can re-seat it. There should be no leak with plunger rod not engaged. If you cannot get it to stop hissing by messing with the rod, you must replace it.

i thought so. thanks Guys and you too Red. Placed an order for a new one. gonna try this ONE MORE TIME.

Hydroboost Vs Vacuum Vs Powermaster

Well, There Is No Vacuum Check Valve On The Hydroboost. Buick Refused To Install A Regal Vacuum Booster On This Car As It Was Outright Unsafe. With A Hydroboost, As The Rpm Come Up, The P/s Pump Spins Faster, Locking The Hydroboost Down Harder. Somewhere Else Here, A Guy Is Reporting 18lbs. Of Turbo Boost On The Gauge With His Foot Applied On A Hydroboost Equipped Car. They Also Can Last 200,000 Miles With Clean Fluid.