Vacuum brake conversion question - TTA vacuum block

cjp69

Just had a vacuum brake conversion done to my car, and it seems to be low on vacuum, and I can hear a "hiss" when I tap the brakes. A TTA vacuum block was not installed, is this the cause?

Is a TTA vacuum block required? If so, where is the cheapest place to get one? I see Kirban has them for about $35, is that a good deal?

Thanks, Chris

Yes you need the vacuum block and also the hose and filter for
the booster.
That is a good price. :cool:

On drivers side of vacuum block a hose from there to booster.
Look at any vacuum car for filter my unit came from junkyard
everything was there.

Air noise you hear when depressing the brake pedal is normal. TTA vacuum block is the preferred method for vacuum hookup. If your brake pedal feel is not hard, the booster is working properly. If you feel your brakes are not good enough, you can upgrade to performance shoes, about $40, and use organic shoes on the rear. If you're brake hoses are original, upgrade to the Russell stainless steel braided lines. The filter, mentioned above, is available at most parts stores in the "help" department, but, it is not necessary.

The TTA stock vacuum block is still available from GM! I can e-mail the Part Number tomorrow if interested.
Conrad Carter

The TTA stock vacuum block is still available from GM! I can e-mail the Part Number tomorrow if interested.
Conrad Carter

Conrad,

Please email the part # to me (chris.pollak@primus.com) or post here.

Thanks, Chris

Thanks for the info John! Right now the vacuum line is Tee'd off one of the ports.