vacuum conversion-how long?

hang10

old surfboards wanted!!!
Doing a vacuum conversion soon,how long does this usally take and any tips? Kurt

Remove the drivers seat, unless you are a contortionist! ;) Makes removal of the 4 firewall bolts, and the brake pedal bracket much easier. :D

How long? Depends on who's doing it I suppose...... For me it would take at LEAST a couple of hours, including the bleeding. :D

i can do it from start to finish in 1.5 hours, but i am skinny and can move well under the dash. that is where the time factor comes in...

its very simple, bleed the hell out of the master cyl. on the bench. and you should not have to bleed the brakes once its all together.

the only hard parts are the pedel and the 2 top bolts on the master cly. its well worth the time it takes though. the peace of mind is invaluable.

Dathan

Just did mine today. Got tired of the blinking brake light...and the peace of mind is invaluable.
Probably took me 3.5 hours and I've never done anything like this before. It actually wasn't hard at all. Had no problem getting to any bolts or nothing. I did however have a hell of a time getting some of the wiring out of the way of the booster! PITA!
And I'm still working on getting some brake lines re-bent and into the line lock. With the new MC the existing lines were about an inch off.
Direct replacement my ass. :mad:

Yep if you're skinny and skinny fingers like me it's easier. Set aside 4 hrs pull the seat all the way back and the back down.:cool: