You can type here any text you want

Vacuum conversion problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tzque

I have everything following Red regals instruction but I can not un-thread the master cylinder lines . The nuts are starting to round off. Do I add heat to them . The wd-40 is not working and I do not have liquid wrench . I have tried a 9/16 and 14mm but neither one is moving either nut . What should I try .

well, if all else fails, you can use a pipe cutter(so as not to pinch the line) just behind the nut. Then, buy a new nut and flair the end of the line so that it is just like it was, jsut a tad shorter. Or, jsut stick a pair of vice grips on there really tight and hope for the best - but ofcourse its gunna get stipped really bad and will have to to the first anyway...

You are supposed to use a flare nut wrench, but you are past that now.

If you don't have any penetrating oil, go get some. You are on the borderline now of having to replace the lines. That is a pain. You could probably get some replacement line ends and splices but then you have the opportunity for somewhere else to develop a leak.

I just wanted to give an update . I had a friend come over, he wasnt worried about breaking the lines or anything else and he broke the nuts . It took maybe 2 minutes . Because any damage would cost me money . I wouldnt push hard enough. He did use vise grips .

Every time you remove/replace those lines, the nuts get rounded off a little. I think I might have to replace mine, if I have to remove the master cylinder one more time. But like Madhat said, you can probably just cut off the very tip of the line, put on new nut, and reflare the line. Might be easier to take it to a brake shop, unless you have the double flare tool.

Back