You can type here any text you want

Vacuum Line Replacements

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

My second post pertaining to vacuum lines. I tested my vacuum from to my MAP sensor and with a Mity Vac and I pulled it down to -20psi and it started slowly rising. I would like to get it fixed, but went to the local auto store, they didn't have any replacement line that would work. I thought I found someone selling a kit, but it was $55. I'm not cheap, just spent well over $15k having engine and trans rebuilt, but that is a little excessive for replacing 3' of vacuum line.

Imagine how much it would cost if that map sensor crapped out and you were running a speed density or progressive alky setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine how much it would cost if that map sensor crapped out and you were running a speed density or progressive alky setup.

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy the line, that is if I can still find it. I also have a vacuum leak going to my HVAC.

There is a place here in MI called Inline tube, they usually do brake and fuel lines but they carry a lot of other parts as well. I'll check with them.

I just converted my 3 bar map GM sensor to an AEM 3.5 bar sensor. I also ran all new vacuum rubber lines for everything.

Where did you pick up the vacuum lines from. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to replace all mine, considering what I just spend on my motor.

I went down to local parts store with various samples, ditched all the metal lines, and zip tied new hoses on each place they went. They can cut lengths to whatever you need overall.

Zip tie that mofo too! I blew my map off once, took out a headgasket because if there's no map signal, then the alky controller doesn't spray alky. Now I run a ss hose clamp on my map sensor.

I zip tied every vacuum connection, made them extra tight with pliers. I can't pull them off without snapping the port off the map sensor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Zip tie that mofo too! I blew my map off once, took out a headgasket because if there's no map signal, then the alky controller doesn't spray alky. Now I run a ss hose clamp on my map sensor.
Right now I'm not even spraying alky. I had Eric send me a Street chip, which is a mild tune. In the future I will be. Goal is to get this puppy into the 10s. At 3800lbs I'm going to have to make sure my tune is good and everything else is sound. Nothing overlooked.

image.jpeg
I went a little crazy and did all my lines that see boost with -4 teflon braided hose. I was bored! Going to convert to AEM sensor soon.

View attachment 287776 I went a little crazy and did all my lines that see boost with -4 teflon braided hose. I was bored! Going to convert to AEM sensor soon.
Nice setup. For now I just need to fix my vacuum leak to map sensor and under my dash so I can fix my vent controls.
I would definitely like to get rid of the stock lines.

Back