Valve body removal instructions anywhere?

DARTHV6

I would like to remove my valve body to see what shift kit was put in years ago. It looks like it's straight forward but some simple instructions with pictures would help, like the Sticky for transmission removal in this section.

Thanks much!
Art

I don't really have any pix but there will be check balls that come down with the vb.

Not sure which you will encounter but this is the stock position diagram.
Make sure you get the filter ring out before you push the new filter in. If you haven't you might consider an "upgrade" to a 700r4 bottom feed filter.

Need to do something about the filter grounding out on this switch if you go that way.

******Back in the olden days, it was either a B&M Transpak kit or Art Carr. When you have the valve body off, the sealing metal plate was usually stamped B&M or Art Carr from when I did mine, as well as several of my friends cars.. They were very similar but had checkball differences and one or two other things. They both had great throttle proportional pressure and shifts. I think I still have an old NOS Transpak somewhere in my pile of stuff.

I don't really have any pix but there will be check balls that come down with the vb.

Not sure which you will encounter but this is the stock position diagram.
Make sure you get the filter ring out before you push the new filter in. If you haven't you might consider an "upgrade" to a 700r4 bottom feed filter.

Need to do something about the filter grounding out on this switch if you go that way.

I might have the bottom feed filter. I’ll see tomorrow when I go in. I do have an extended transmission pan.

Thanks for the pic
Art

******Back in the olden days, it was either a B&M Transpak kit or Art Carr. When you have the valve body off, the sealing metal plate was usually stamped B&M or Art Carr from when I did mine, as well as several of my friends cars.. They were very similar but had checkball differences and one or two other things. They both had great throttle proportional pressure and shifts. I think I still have an old NOS Transpak somewhere in my pile of stuff.

Hummm. Ok! I’ll check for that.
Thank you
Art

I pulled the pan off and decided to wait until winter for my winter project. Looks too complicated now. I have the extended pan, about 4.5 inches deep. How much transmission fluid does it hold and what kind?

Also, I found the magnet was covered powdery metal but no shrapnel, which I think was good. But it was on top of the filter?
Thanks,
Art

Attachments

• 4A05044A-749F-42E6-8E8E-4E33E5700C15.jpeg
    4A05044A-749F-42E6-8E8E-4E33E5700C15.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8