You can type here any text you want

valve cover leak!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JCSTTA

USAF
Anyone have any problems getting there driverside valve cover to seal up? Mine had never been off till last weekend and now it leaks pretty bad out the back. The funny thing is from under the car I can actually see the edge of the gasket at the back of the head? I installed new felpro valve cover gaskets and it is all the way in the track. Anyone use rtv to help seal it?

Are the any quick ways of getting that valve cover off? I have to remove the alt, fuel lines, and a few other things to get that thing off (its a PITA!)

I had a problem sealing the covers on my GTA and ran a bead of silicone in the channel then placed the rubber gasket in.It's what worked for me, and I've had the covers off many times in the last two years - never changed the gaskets just pop them back on.

As for all the work,I only remove the fuel lines which is easy, unplug the harness so it can lift up a bit and wiggle the cover off.I guess it helps I'm a mechanic for a living and have had my car apart more times than I can count :D

HTH,
Steve

Back