You can type here any text you want

valve cover plug?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTTA

Warp6 is in my Jet Wash
Anyone got any ideas on what to plug the factory breather hole on the driver's side valve cover with. Just got a METCO breather to replace the cap and need to block off the other.

Thanks

Not a direct answer, but here's an idea John Pearcy gave once before:

Guy's, you want a slick little trick to help this? Remove the PCV
from the intake and cap off the hole in the manifold with a freeze plug,
then relocate the PCV valve into the 90 degree rubber elbow in the
side of the drivers V/C. Oil doesn't get sucked into intake from there
keeping the induction system clean, and with the V/C breather right
there in place of the fill cap, it exchanges pressure without getting
things
oil soaked.

John Pearcy

And i just found a plastic piece in the corner in my garage that fit into the plastic hole.

I put a mini K&N breather on the end of the 90 degree rubber elbow..

Most autoparts sell a little breather you can use on the rubber 90 degree adapter..

Cant ever have too many breathers

;)

Mark: thats a great tip, thank you. Everytime I "abuse" my car more than I should it reminds me not to do that by loading up my rocker cover breather with oil. Of course then it runs down the side of the engine and looks like a smoke srceen for a as long as it takes to burn off. Thanx again (thanx to john also) turbota

Razor: what's the part number of the little tiny K&N filter. Do you think it would fit in the PCV hole when I move it to the rocker cover gromet ?? Thanx Turbota

Ya use the factory rubber elbow or go the the Help section of any autoparts chain stores and get the 90 degree elbow..The K&N had a one inch top with a 5/8 shaft on its bottom.Its also about one inch high and has a chrome top.

I'll see if I can find the part number..its been a year since I did mine..K&N has a website..Most High Performance outlets that carry K&N should have it/be able to get it.

The cheapy breather purolator sells is like 3 bucks..its rectangular and has a 5/8 bottom..made out of plastic..with a white mesh material inside of it.It also fits into the elbow..

The K&N looks pretty but will cost about 15-20 dollars.

If you should need pixs..let me know via email and i'll send you some.
Idoxlr8_70@yahoo.com

Back