Valve Covers

How do I go about getting an upgraded chip for my engine ? Can I just upgrade to a a ' 86-'87 chip , without doing the other potential mod's ?

How do I go about getting an upgraded chip for my engine ? Can I just upgrade to a a ' 86-'87 chip , without doing the other potential mod's ?

Hello earlbrown...... ordered a chip from Eric @ TT. +, I spoke with him on the phone last nite. great Dude ! ... I'll let you know as we go along......

So.....earlbrown Sir,
Before I smash this with a hammer , Do you think this is original ? Anyway....... thanks for your advice. Eric burned me a new chip & Man....what a Difference ! :cool:
OEM Chip in My ' 84.jpg

Modern chips don't use EGR. Just block it off, use the ugly stock hold down bracket to hold down those leaky POS plates, and let it fly.

....or do like I did and put pipe plugs in those holes and it'll never leak again.
Hi Earl, do you recall what size plug you used? Did you tap the hole or use a push in steel freeze type plug on the round exhaust side?

I think I used 1/2npt and 3/8npt. It MIGHT have been 3/8npt and 1/4npt.
Didn't really give it much thought, just grabbed what worked and tapped the holes.