You can type here any text you want

valve seals problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTR

sprayhead
Anyone else ever have valve seals come off? In this case the black rubber ones with the teflon seal ring insert at the top. Just curious.

TurboTR

Yes, but my second spring was in contact with the seal and the guides were worn.
I replaced the seals with some with smaller ext. diameter, Isusu C 240 diesel i think and i had to cut it to make it lower
Works great two months now

Valve seals off?

Todd, are referring to the Champ heads or the stage head?
If it's the Champs.. yes, I found 6 of them off and crushed on the set of "crackers" I sent back to Champion for repair..
Goin on the 6th mo. "anniversary" now....:mad: :mad:

Yes, GN1 R. But I don't think the problem is specific to them. Those 6 that came off yours Chuck, was it the exh side only, or?

TurboTR

SEALZ

Yep, as I recall, it was the exhaust side. I think it was due to the puny spring OD that were on those heads. I see the new R heads have larger springs... Wonder why??

I dunno, maybe the exh back pressure in the turbo app makes it's way up the guide and balloons 'em up or just pushes 'em off. Gonna try a new seal.

TurboTR

Back