You can type here any text you want

Valve spring change tool

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dragrazor

Does anyone rent or know where i can get a valve spring removal tool to change the springs without having to remove the head? I would rather rent if possible. I'll pay for shipping to me and back. Thanks.

Pm sent, thank you sir, this is very much appreciated!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doing my springs now, I am making a tool. I have the lever I use on my chevys, and the spring tool that compresses the spring. I need t make a lever tool for the Buick head

Hey bud, thanks for the link, thats awesome. I may have missed it but do you know the price on that?

Suggested retail is $32.95. My local O'Reillys keeps a spring compressor like that one in the rental tools.

That is EXACTLY what I did. I have one of these and use them on everything. Removing the wheel lets you get it in the A/C box area pretty easy.

Yup works on everything and your not trying to hold a pry bar and put the locks in:oops: I have tried many over the years and it is the best I have found

I have the same Lisle tool as above and could not use it on the stock springs due to the external dampers. The jaws could not grip the spring. Others obviously had better luck. I have the lever style for the Chevys, doesnt work either. I ended up buying a rocker for $4 at Autozone and welded a nut and bolt to it like others sold by the TR vendors. I used the original shaft. Had to break the plastic buttons off and remove the rockers. It's a good idea to replace the buttons anyway and cost under $6 for all 12.

i plan on replacing my springs in a few weeks, was going to buy to tool cotton's sells, looks like it will work good, also any tips on getting pass side valve cover off, i was gonna pull out the motor mount bolt and jack the engine up an inch or two to gain clearance, will that work? or any other tricks or tips would be great.

I had no problems getting either valve cover off without disconnecting anything. It was tight but didn't have to lift the engine. I still run stock covers.

Back