You can type here any text you want

valve spring question...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86 got boost

I have a 206-Q cam from precision turbo need to know what a good spring to use, was lookin at a set from southeast turbo, and some from poston...

flat tappet?

go with what the cam mfr recommends.

I think the old LT1 springs are the closest choise for flat tappet cams but go with the mfr on this.

thats hard to do when the manufacturer dont do buick no more, precision turbo and engine, just got off phone w/ joe said go here for answers...

Im using 104 lb springs on my flat tappet 206/206 cam- no problems 15k miles.

Those 100 #'ers probably are the LT1 springs.

Did I understand you correctly: PTE is out of the Buick's?

I am sure they are not the Mfr but it seems weak for them to not offer some answers about the parts they sell:confused:

right, they said they dont deal w/ buick parts no more and couldn't give no answers new owner too, ya all pictured cars are stangs, camaros and your japenese cars... mostly foriegn cars... thanks for the fast reply

I have a 206-Q cam from precision turbo need to know what a good spring to use, was lookin at a set from southeast turbo, and some from poston...

Try the LS1 springs instead. They are a beehive spring and they work very well. You will have to cut the valve stems but that is not a big deal.

right, they said they dont deal w/ buick parts no more and couldn't give no answers new owner too, ya all pictured cars are stangs, camaros and your japenese cars... mostly foriegn cars... thanks for the fast reply

They may not do cams for the buicks anymore but they certainly offer some buick parts still. New owner?:confused: My brother has worked there for 3 years, same owner for that time, don't know about long ago. It does suck but all of the vendors for our cars have been offering less. Disadvantage of owning limited production cars that are now 20 years old. The demand for turbo buick parts are getting smaller every year. :(

Back