You can type here any text you want

vats system

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Vats

Hi,
No expert on this system, but I have lots of access to factory info on this.The Vats is pretty straightforward, start and fuel interrupt being the modus operandi. A starter relay is in the drivers foot well, as I recall. The biggest problems I'm aware of are with the key resistor pellet and the associated contacts built into the ignition lock cylinder. The control module, if I remember right, is on the passenger side under dash. I can research this if you wish. I'm away from my data source for the weekend, back at it on Tuesday. Email me if you need further assistance. Good luck!
Dale

Start with the ignition lock as suggested, either the pellets in the key is not making good contact or the cables running from the ignition lock been worn off. Under the steering colomn the wires from the iginition lock ends up in a 2 pin connector (wires are orange) if you disconnect then get a resistor with the same value as the pellet (use a ohm meter then go to Radio Shack) put that in there and turn your key if it starts you found the problem if not you have to move on.

Do a Internet search as there is plenty of info in the VATS system avalible.

By the way the TTA ECM don't use the code from the VATS system to cut off fuel to the injectors as the normal TA's do .... there's nothin in the PROM to do this apparently for our cars.

How close are you to Charlotte? If you are and really need help I might know someone who can help.

Back