You can type here any text you want

Video/Head units

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobob924

Has anybody installed any cool video head units. It would be cool to have turbolink or direct scann running on a "car PC" in the back with a indash video!

Clarion has several 7" flip out systems that look cool and can handle a videoi nput from a s-video output of a PC card.

Eclipse has the most awesome units but they are so new that not much is available on them.

A company in canada has a software called digitaldash that is is setup for the smaller displays in cars.

www.clarion.com

www.eclipse-web.com

www.gnet-canada.com

I'm going to be doing exactly this with my Alpine CVA 1005.
The trick is to find a video card for the computer that has a video out. From there it is a piece of cake.

Zam, you probably aren't anyway, but I highly recommend not using a power invertor with this project. Spend the extra time (and money) to build the proper DC - DC switching power supply - probably need 16 to18 volts. Most of those power invertors outputs are not very clean. You are going to have a huge potential ground loop with the pc in the trunk and the HU in the dash. You could put a huge strain on the components in the pc and the Alpine with all the stray EMR. A good DC - DC power supply will eliminate this problem.

NO WAY will I use a power converter...I've got a buddy who is some sort of hot shot computer engineer (I really have no idea what his job actually is)...he built an "auto PC" for his car and is going to build me one as well (his also operates as his source unit AND mobile internet as well as operating many of his component and car functions). It's designed strictly for the car and is pretty small.

The one he'll build for me should be fairly simple. I only want it to run turboLink.

Thanks for the heads up anyway...I've got it covered.

Back