You can type here any text you want

video of 10 sec pass

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I was standing around the 900' mark. The launch was impressive from where I was standing. Passed me and smoke show :( It was a good run.

Good meeting you. Hope you get back in action quickly.

As an aside, lots of people thought it was me! They wanted to know what mods I did to the car. Just told them mine isn't that fast :D

car will be done tomarrow heads are getting decked today head need repair i welded it last night due to wrong gaskets from builder"thanks ski"heres what happend i have a 4.005 bore block and the gasket he used is 4.020 and due to the stagger of the cylender with the sleave in it the fire ring was hanging over so it was just a matter of time and the fire ring cot sucked in and the fire of combustion burned a path from the cylender to the waterjacket one was 3/8 wide by 1/4 deap and the other was 3/16 wide by 1/8 deep well thanks to my tig welder thats all fixed now the other problem i never had reciver grooves in my heads before well to my suprize they were there i guess the builder tryed to get it to seal before with a copper gasket or a lockwire and it did not work so he went back to stock 1000 gasket bad move now look what im going threw now i have to deck my heads .015 to get rid of the grooves and take a few off my intake side so my intake still fits its been a fun ride ski "2.5years"but i cant wait to get off im sick

george

Car looked awesome!Really liked the launch.Wondering if the guy in the noisy firebird expected the TTA to run as good as it did?Always loved the looks on peoples faces here when Chris Rowe would run.Nice car hope it all works out for ya been a long time coming.:D

Originally posted by TurboTA3.8
car will be done tomarrow heads are getting decked today head need repair i welded it last night due to wrong gaskets from builder"thanks ski"heres what happend i have a 4.005 bore block and the gasket he used is 4.020 and due to the stagger of the cylender with the sleave in it the fire ring was hanging over so it was just a matter of time and the fire ring cot sucked in and the fire of combustion burned a path from the cylender to the waterjacket one was 3/8 wide by 1/4 deap and the other was 3/16 wide by 1/8 deep well thanks to my tig welder thats all fixed now the other problem i never had reciver grooves in my heads before well to my suprize they were there i guess the builder tryed to get it to seal before with a copper gasket or a lockwire and it did not work so he went back to stock 1000 gasket bad move now look what im going threw now i have to deck my heads .015 to get rid of the grooves and take a few off my intake side so my intake still fits its been a fun ride ski "2.5years"but i cant wait to get off im sick

george

George, glad you found the problem..I hate stuff when the ball is dropped on a motor really being stretched. You have to go and triple check all the work others do..and make fixes.

Good luck.. maybe next time you can get a clean pass.. we're pulling for ya..

Julio

i will tell you now these puppys are clamped down now and will be re-torqued after a heat cycle i cant think of anything else i could do to get this taken care of hope to be racing nexted weekend because i have to work this weekend o well have to pay for the toys

george

Back