*Video* of me Dynoing My TR

QWKSLVR

Big Member
Went to a Dyno day on Saturday. Heres the link to the video a guy made for me.

First one was street trim 20 psi, Second was open Dump 22 psi and third was the Highest(25) one 380/460 TRQ but the convertor didn't lock til 5000 RPM in Third Gear(Race Chip, 28*). I doubt these are realistic numbers considering TR's power and TRQ are down low in the rpm's.

http://www.mass-pc.com/movies/regal-dyno.wmv

Yeah that is the car spinning the tires:eek:

Not a flame, but those numbers seem low for your combo. I recently took my car to the dyno and came up with 442hp and 537ft lbs of torque at 25lbs of boost with a 20 degree street chip, pump gas and alky. I would imagine my numbers would have been better with race gas and race chip.

Did the dyno offer WB O2 readings? What was your air fuel at?

Were you able to "tune" your car while it was on the dyno?

Haha, I love the shot of you in the car, you got your "game face" on! Id hate to see what I look like going down the track, haha. I already know what I sound like, but I cant repeat the cursing and swearing on the board. ;)

Did you do a WOT pass from 1st gear? Most dyno's that I know of do 3rd gear pulls only. Well, that is except for our cheeep ass dyno here at school that is a Mustang Dyno? You do a simulated 1/4th mile pass, Im sure its not very accurate. Car sounded good though, just wondering what gears you were WOT at. Later

Go over to LS1.com when the site comes back and post it as an F-body killer. See how many people will talk smack about TR's. It's fun!:D

Originally posted by billsgn
Not a flame, but those numbers seem low for your combo. I recently took my car to the dyno and came up with 442hp and 537ft lbs of torque at 25lbs of boost with a 20 degree street chip, pump gas and alky. I would imagine my numbers would have been better with race gas and race chip.

Did the dyno offer WB O2 readings? What was your air fuel at?

Were you able to "tune" your car while it was on the dyno?

I know the Numbers are low, the two techs said they weren't accurate. First off the i only had about a half hour on the dyno, because of money being short. I went to 3rd gear smashed the gas and and it down shifted to 2nd went through 2nd and all the way through third, this way it gets a good reading of third gear. it was running really rich, about 10.1 A/F Ratio, so i turned the boost up to 22, still rich. Made another pull, still rich and the car was getting real hot. Let it cool and turned it up to 25 psi of boost. Now during the cooling, i was talking to the Techs, they said that they had never ever seen a dyno graph like mine. Why, cause the Torque just goes up and then it disappears, from the tires spinning and stuff and on the graph it clearly shows the Torque on the way down and that is where the 460 Torque comes from, on the way down... Also the torque convertor was not locking until it hit about 5000 RPM in Third gear, so the whole time the car is on the dyno, all the power is not going to the wheels, it is slipping through the Torque convertor. they said realistic numbers where prolly 450 HP and almost 600 TRQ.

I went to get an idea on what the car was doing hp wise.....not to tune it...cause the track is a whole different ball game than the dyno.

HP and TQ numbers are weird. I went 11.10@123 with 22psi. On the dyno with 20psi, I made 420RWHP and 440RWTQ. You made more power than me, but you are a full second slower. See what I mean?

Originally posted by AintGoinSlo
HP and TQ numbers are weird. I went 11.10@123 with 22psi. On the dyno with 20psi, I made 420RWHP and 440RWTQ. You made more power than me, but you are a full second slower. See what I mean?

I know.....TR's make way to much power and torque down low and for some reason the Dynojet can't compute it right.....ah well thats why they make HP calculators.....:D

Also like to add i just got the valve springs done.....so i am makeing more power than i was when i went to the track and got that 12.2....i should be in the 11's now. I had alot of valve float.....couldn't rev above 5000 RPM in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Originally posted by LeesGN
I only get sound but no picture....any ideas?

It is coded with Codec, download that and try running it again......sorry i wasn't responsible for it, i just asked the guy to forward the link to me so i could show you guys that are itchin to get out in your cars. :)

When we dyno'ed my car, we had the same problem with breaking the tires loose and getting false readings. You're right about the track being the best "dyno"....I cant wait for the weather here to cooperate so I can run my car for some "real" numbers....;)

Bill

Nice..............

Where did you get it dynoed at? How much and how many runs are allowed?

Thats not AZ TPI is it??