You can type here any text you want

VIN 7 Engine Guru (or at least reputable) in Colorado?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Having Nick add a RJC FMIC. And had a good long talk with Nick today...he's got some great stories of his early days/experiences with Buicks and TR's.

And as of today, my car is running! And in our conversation, the consideration of running E85 came up, so I'm doing it! And now I'm really excited. And looking here: http://www.ethanolretailer.com/flex-fuel-station-finder, E85 is all over the place here in Colorado. So with my build and the FMIC, Nick says I should easily have 400 hp every day on the street!

E85 is the way to go. I did it last summer and absolutely love it. That website is a little out if date but it does help. Your build looks really nice!

As of last week - added a dual ball bearing turbo with a 60-1 billet wheel. ;)

I'll post another thread as well, but if per chance anyone in Colorado that would want their TR (could be any car, actually) transported to Phoenix, let me know. Nick Micale has a friend that will transport my car back to me from Phoenix if I can find someone who needs their car trailered back to Phoenix from the same region (anywhere south of Ft. Collins, I'm guessing). The price would be $400. PM me if you're interested. That's at least $100 cheaper than any auto transport company I found would do it for. I paid $500 to get my TR to Nick a couple months ago.

Well , there is a 1970 buick skylark red with white stripes on hood only, along with my original GN wheels that are painted white , that i need to locate. They moved to co springs.

Okay...got the TR back a couple weeks ago! I first need to say that I sent Nick a TR that was put together by someone who should've had a restraining order against them - to never come near a TR again (in short, it was in sorry shape; mixed/matched bolts, missing bolts, radiator from what might have been a Honda for all I know, etc.). So Nick had his work cut out for him. And what started as a basic rebuild, as you know from some of my updates, became quite a bit more as time when on ( just updated my signature). Overall, I'm very happy with the results. The motor runs very well and uh...is quick a mother. At the moment, I only have used BFG's at the rear, so it's pointless to give it much throttle off the line, as it's only an exercise to redline as soon as boost comes on (IOW, tires immediately break loose). And that's pretty damn quick with the BB turbo!

I will say that there have been some issues, of which out of respect for Nick, I'll keep private for now, being that we're in the process of working through them. He's responding appropriately, as I would expect...with his reputation. My only comment is that he should've done more thorough follow-up road testing and checking of the car before he released it to me. That said, he's done some things I didn't expect - powder coating the headers was a very nice surprise! I'll be vague out of respect for Nick, but he extended a personal courtesy to me that I greatly appreciate. The bottom line is, that despite the issues, I'm pleased with the overall results.

The first attached pic was taken at the seller's place, just before I had it towed out. It's not the nicest looking TR around, but looking better than it was. Once I can afford it, I'll be restoring the interior (Highway Stars will get some of my $) and eventually do the body and paint work.

Attachments

• t-2.jpg
    t-2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC01720-lr.jpg
    DSC01720-lr.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • DSC01721-lr.jpg
    DSC01721-lr.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
She is in good hands Terry, glad to hear you have it back. We'll have to meet up some time.

That'd be cool Victor. Any regular car shows/meets that you go to down there? There's a small meet/cruise right up the street from me at Culver's that meets every Wednesdays from 5-8. I haven't been there yet, but will show up now that I've got a little something to show up with. ;) BTW, it all worked out with that block...was able to sell it.

I'm excited to get a few things on order (thanks to Paypal Credit; no payments/interest for 6 months) - namely a Scanmaster and 275/60R15 Nitto DR's!

Back