vin question

3.8Illusion

boost junkie
im wondering about my so called 87 t type the vin matched an 84 v6 2bbl but the car i drive has 87 headerpanel and grill, tilt coulmn, console shifter, aluminum bumper supports,drums. everything i look at the car say 87 t type but insurance and dmv says otherwise could you help me out id really appreciate it vin 1G4AM47AXEH480745 thanks alot.

1G4AM47AXEH480745: 1=US built, G=General Motors, 4=Buick, A=Non-passive/manual seat belts, M=Regal Ltd, 47=Coupe,2 door notchback special, A=3.8, V6, 2bbl carb, X is a check digit, E=1984, H=Flint, MI plant and 480745 is the production sequence number. Hope this is what you want.

You have mail.

gofstbuick thank you for you input, do you know the meaning of other vin numbers?

Jesse :cool:

I have a GM VIN system manual covering years 1972 to 1999. This manual covers both passenger cars and light duty trucks. Also, for those who still have a Mitchell Labor Est Guide (book form, not electronic), VINs are broken down at the beginning of each section (domestic, import and light duty trucks). Hope this helps.

Its pretty common practice among car theives to steal a real TR and buy a regular regal title and vins and slap them on...See if your vin in the dash is screwed in or riveted in. Try runnig a carfax on the vin on the engine block or tranny.

Deck lid

You may also look and see if the door jamb and deck lids stickers and still there. If they are different VIN numbers you may have a VIN swap job. The also could be missing from a paint job. Look very closely and the rivets the hold down the VIN dash plate. The rivet head should like a flower around the edges, not round!

Where are the engine VIN numbers?

Also, can you see the screws/rivets with the windshield in place?

Thanks,
Jeff