You can type here any text you want

Voltage readings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

captflash

Old and Bold
When I go wfo my XFI reads 11.2-11.6 volts. Normal cruising it reads 13.5+ but the minute I go full throttle it drops. I want to double check the readings so where should I connect my multi meter to read to confirm or disprove the XFI readings?Do I read from the back of the alternator or from the battery? Thanks kindly in advance.

Test at both locations, alternator first.

If the alternator puts out 13.5 or so WOT it could be the feed line to the battery.

You can work the meter in either direction but it's one less test starting at the alternator WOT with low voltages. :eek:

Capt.

Go to the search engine and search my username, karolko under the Perfomrnce ECM sub forum. I asked a similar question last year and i had to "hotwire" my power wire into the XFI to rectify the situation.

That being said, Cal but a flash out there to help fix that problem as well. It is the sticky on the Preformance ECM subforum.

Adrian

Thanks. I'll check with Cal for an update and I'll read voltage from the alternator and the battery. I'll post my results later. Thanks again

Back