VQ1 and VY2 option codes

oddfire6

guys, i got my build sheet back yesterday from the archives and it has these codes listed. cant find much info on them. some kind of fleet allowance and package insentive. anyone know more about them, thanks...

t-type-police-vin-jpg.171713

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/87-t-type-police.221726/page-2

Post thirty Five states it is a Fleet pkg

VQ1 - fleet program dealer assistance, with hold back

I know GM dealerships had/have fleet managers, mostly to handle trucks for construction, gas, power companies, etc. Holdback is a percent of the MSRP (sticker price) of the car that the dealer receives from the manufacturer after the car/truck has been sold. It's always kept by the dealer to help pay for overhead, advertising, etc. I'm thinking maybe if there was a fleet purchase, they actually discounted the cars the additional holdback money. Didn't GM sell a bunch of turbo regals to the FBI? If so, those would have probably fallen under that same program.

Didn't GM sell a bunch of turbo regals to the FBI? If so, those would have probably fallen under that same program.

i am finding mixed views about this, but i believe so. who else is going to order a fleet of turbo buicks. avis rent a car? cab companies? i find lots of information about connecticut but nothing in indiana. i did a history report on my car and find nothing for the first two years of its life. the report starts in 89 with 80k miles....

Pittsburgh city police had 3 87 Turbo Ts, a blue, grey, and a burgundy. The blue one is locally owned by a friend of mine on this board. He goes by vascar3. I believe they were all bought new, and all had the radio delete option.