You can type here any text you want

VSS help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

Well I coudn't get this dude out for anything. I took the holding tab off and thought it was supposed to slide out like others but not this guy! I tried to use some channel locks to twist it off and it would even turn a hair. I then tried to pry it out and what do you know, I broke the cove clean off.:mad: Got it JB welded on there for now since none of the parts stores carry them. I hope it holds for now until I can get a replacement for it. How am I supposed to get it out? Is there some kind of special trick I don't know about or do I have to drill this dude out?:confused: Ain't nothing going my way.:(

Thanks,

Ohh boy..your up the creek and no paddle..that thing is no longer available and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ when you could get it..

Why ya messing with it??

I was taking my tranny out of my Turbo T and putting it in the TTA because the TTA is slipping really bad and I also wanted to try the transbrake out in the TTA. The Turbo T has an analog(?) cable and I was going to swap it w/ the TTA VSS. The good thing is that it still works. I guess the JB weld is holding.;)

But oh contrare, you can still get the VSS. I ordered one from Autozone about two months ago, 58.44 I think. They had to order it but they had it next day.

As far as getting out, mine was simple so I dont know how to help you there.

HTH

Lee

When I called Autozone, they had one listed but had to order it. I then called O'reilly's and they had to order it but had three to choose from. I am guessing the one that you got from Autozone works. Do you have the part # so I can verify it is the same one? Now I have to get ahold of my tranny guy to get this guy out!

Back