You can type here any text you want

VSS two-pulse square wave availability or alternatives

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TomD

A while back, I posted that I was having problems with my VSS, and was directed to the guys at jags that run.

They have what I need, the #2PRS, so i ordered one: http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/SpeedSensors_Speedometer.html

That was about two months ago because they are in the process of making them... I placed my order in March and they said it would be ready in April... That didn't happen...

I called last week and they couldn't even give me an ETA. The guy said his brother was making them but he is slow or something... anyway....

Any chance there is an alternative?

Thanks.

I'm using a Dakota dash speedometer calibrator. It can take what ever in and spit out what ever u want . I get my signal from my trans which is 8000ppm and then it converts it to 2000ppm so my ECM see the MPH . I had to do that because I swap to a th400 .

Just google search cable driven VSS . They make them

Ok I picked up an 8000ppm sensor from Dakota digital, and the sgi-5 to translate it to 2000ppm for my ecu. Hooked it up according to my application and had tech support confirm it.

Mechanical speedo works, and I no longer have a malfunction 24 code on the scanmaster.

HOWEVER, I am not getting an MPH reading on the scanmaster. It seems like the ECM is receiving the signal because the malfunction code is gone but why isn't the scanmaster able to display it?

Ideas?

Thanks

Ok everything is working as it should. To those of you that have a mechanical GNX style dash, and your VSS goes out. This is a good solution and costs about $120.

Dakota Digital VSS PN SEN-010-4160 (this is a 8000ppm sensor)
Dakota Digital Speed Generator interface PN SGI-5E (translates to 2000ppm)

The documentation included is quite detailed but I'm gonna share some specifics with our cars.

POWER - 12v power from fuse box. Lower left, ign switched.
GROUND - A good ground.
SENSOR GND - Black cable from VSS AND green cable from ECM.
SIGNAL IN - Tan wire from VSS.
OUT 5 - Brown wire to ECM.

The rest of the terminals are not used.

Thanks @dank GN for suggesting Dakota Digital.

Back