You can type here any text you want

Walk Don't run...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rampage

A Cold night (32F) and a full tank of gas (93) is a wonderful thing in a GN...

I was doin the typical late night drive on the Meadowbrook Hway,-tryin to see how much I boost she'll take before I have to call AAA. And about 3 miles before my exit a BMW flies behind me and starts flashing the high-beams. OK Cool however, when he pulls to my right I notice the M5 emblem on the front quarter. Oh-boy!!! This could be interesting and I might be looking at the trunk of an German Import. I couldn't tell the year but to those who don't know, the M5 is like a 4-door vette and as much as I hate to say it, if I had the scratch, a-whole-lotta-scratch, I'd get one.

He down shifts and were both doin 'bout 60-65. Then he starts tappin the gas...Normally when some import clown starts doin that, I just nail it, no-down shift, I just put my foot into the radiator and watch the headlights get smaller and smaller and just wait for the excuses or Ricer-Boy-fly-by 5 miles down the road...But I'm feelin a little imtimidated right now; I grab the joy-stick and give it on click south. Apparently the guy in the M5 has his S@#$ together because as soon as the Pit-Bulls howl he nails it and puts a half car on me...Finally the Turbo-Gods anoint me with 18-20 lbs of boost and it's time to send him back to Dinan for a tune up!!!

At least that was what I was praying for. What I got was a slow walk to about 2-3 lengths before I had to jump off at my exit. But if there was no exit, there is no doubt he would have nailed me. When I finally had to bail we were doin 'bout 120 (I got the 145 speedo) and the GN was feeling a little light and squirrly.

The bottom line I had the power to about 125 mph but the not the suspension or brakes to do it safely and here in LI anything over 85 MPH puts in a cell with nice guy named "Bubba". Not My style.

Hey, you can't beat everybody...

yeah them dings are pretty quick I had the joy in doin right in my 396 stroked vette in traffic on the BQE from the roll I took him but not by much...bottom line Im glad he saw my lights cause my girl wouldve never let me hear the end of it"amt money I wasted on my motor blah blah blah" Im guessing if we had the straight way it woulda been close call....

keep it safe.....glad to hear our trusty buicks can run with them germans

Back