You can type here any text you want

wanna go faster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87-WE2

Back in business!!
What else can I say?

Eric shipped my street chip today, along with a scanmaster and 60# injectors.

I don't really want to run alcohol yet (my wife about had a cow when I told her the price tag for the chip, injectors, and scan tool). I know alky will gimme a lot closer a lot faster, but I just don't have the funds yet.

Are there other things I can do in the meantime to get a little more trap speed. See sig below for mods.

I'm ecstatic with the 60' time i got at the track last week, but I wanna get below 13. I won't be satisfied until i'm consistently low 12.

If/when I do go alky, are diferent infectors required or just a new chip?

You can go faster by not telling your wife. ;)

You'll be able to use the same injectors, but you'll need to send the chip back to Eric so that he can re-burn it. He charges a small fee for that.

My run was with a mix of 103 and 93 to about 97-98 octane.

I'm pretty sure I needed injectors. I got a little stumble under low throttle and the orig. owner told me he thought one of the injectors was on its way out. Either way, i figured new injectors wasn't altogether a bad idea given that they're 24 yrs. old.

So, myabe i could justify the alky if I were to convince here the alternative is a bigger turbo = more $$$!!

Anythying else? I do plan on cleaning the IC as soon as I get a chance. Eventually, I'll be going to a bigger SLIC.....MAAAYYYYBEEE a FMIC, but prolly not. I wanna stay stock appearing if at all possible.

What about MAFs, translators, etc?

Stock maf, no translator. You upgraded the fuel pump yet? Once you get the chip and injectors, have some fun. Maybe order another race chip from Eric for when you are at the track with good fuel.

nothing wrong with getting new injectors. I think it was a wise choice. Now put a new fuel pump and hotwire kit on it, throw in some race gas, add some timing and have fun at the track.
With those injectors and chip you should be able to add a bunch of timing with the race gas. Just be sure to take it back out when you run 93.
I'm sure you can lean the piss out of 1st as well. that should also knock down your 60' times.
It's all in the tune...

nothing wrong with getting new injectors. I think it was a wise choice. Now put a new fuel pump and hotwire kit on it, throw in some race gas, add some timing and have fun at the track.
With those injectors and chip you should be able to add a bunch of timing with the race gas. Just be sure to take it back out when you run 93.
I'm sure you can lean the piss out of 1st as well. that should also knock down your 60' times.
It's all in the tune...

X2:cool:
Timing will be like 25* in first and 2nd and 23* in third. Boost will be like 25 psi or so. If you have a street chip from Eric add in about 12% to wide open throttle fuel in all gear when you up the boost and timing. This should put you in the rich area of the 02 readings. Lean it out from there if needed. Lower the tire pressure too. I assume you're using regular street tires?

The money you spend on race gas could have gone towards an alky kit... I'm installing my alkycontrol kit this weekend :D

If its a weekend warrior, I can make a tank of 110 octane last cruising and two track visits. Cost me like $100 for 15 gallons which I can stretch 3 weeks. I love alky, will be trying straight E85 soon, and still will use race fuel because its available and effective. Gauge which fits the use if the car and pockets best:biggrin:.

thanks for the advice and posts. can't wait to get the new chip and injectors to play around and see what i can figure out without asking.

Back