You can type here any text you want

Want quicker starts.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

9SECVSIX

Will lowering the numbers in the Engine revs to run mode and the Crank to run mode RPM enable the engine to start sooner? I don't like these long cranking spells. Presently set at 12 and 400
Thanks
Brent:confused:

You should try cranking fuel vs coolant temp first. Long crank times are usually caused by too low a PW. (Takes a couple squirts to puddle enough fuel to fire) What I did (right or wrong) is bump it up till starting the car resulted in it having to clear out, then backed off a little till it started clean. Same with afterstart vs coolant temp (Cause of the start/stall syndrome). I richened it till it needed to be cleared out, then backed off a few notches. You no you backed off too much if the car needs to be goosed to stay running. Just add like 1 or 2 more notches (pretty scientific huh?) and it should be perfect.

Quicker Starts

Geeeeee! that was quick service Jim, I don't think it getting enough fuel, your right i have to play with the peddle:(
I'll play with your suggestion, thanks a bunch :D
Thanks
Brent

Brent, I'm having the same problem with my stage car. I have to crack the throttle a hair to get it to start. I think it's more to do with the IAC not being able to bypass enough air. I was always able to tune in my stock block stuff to be able to reach through the window and fire the car. I haven't been able to get the stage car to do that yet.

Quicker Starts

Am try to adjust to a new computer and i haven't been able to unzip Johns file, If someone could foreward it too me I'd appricate it. I haven't been able to improve on the quicker start quest yet.
Brent

The product has taken on a new twist...it seems it's more desirable to have the "limp-home" feature. Here's how it works: If your cam sensor dies in your car, you call a tow truck - end of story. But, if you use this module, it will allow you to start your car even if the cam sensor is removed from the car or disconnected (or defective) so it can prevent you from having to leave your GN on the road. Peace of mind. The secondary feature will now be the quicker start feature (which is very slight to moderate depending on conditions). Anyway, look for it soon.
Thanks for all your input.
-John Spina
http://www.casperselectronics.com

Here is how I set my starting parameters-

Watch the IAC target just after starting- for example it could be 100.

Set the IAC vs. CTS at that temperature so that your IAC goes to 100 during cranking.

Then play with the inj PW during cranking so that you get a quick start. (This is usually about 3X the running PW when cold, and about 1X the PW at full temp).

In other words since my engine idles with an IAC target of 100 and DC of 2.5% when cold (80 deg), I set my IAC cranking target to 100 and my inj PW corresponds to about 7.5% DC (well, thats done with PW actually but you get the idea). When my engine is hot, my cranking IAC target is 15 (where the engine idles) and my PS target corresponds to about 2.2% DC.

If you have your IAC target too high, the engine will over-rev when you start (and since you won't have any oil pressure yet, I don't like the engine screaming).

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Thanks Bob, I'll give that a try next time I take the car out.
John, hope you continue to follow through with the quick start feature, keep us posted.
Brent

Back