You can type here any text you want

Want to go a little faster, what mods next ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

Bought my TTA last year all stock, 28,000 miles. Did the bolt on's so that I could go back to stock someday if I ever decide to sell.
I dont race, but would like to go a little faster on the street.
Just wondering if there are any other mods you would suggest that would not involve dramatic changes to the engine or am I asking for the impossible.
The only thing I mod I plan on doing in the spring is 100 lb valve springs.

List of mods:
Scanmaster
Walpro fuel pump
Hot wire kit
AF regulator
RJC powerplate
RJC boost controller
Razors Alky kit running 21 lbs boost
160 thermostat
Tranny cooler
30 lb injectors
TTchip for Alky
K&N open filter with Grumpys MAF
Test pipe with electric cutout

Not much else you can "bolt" on. The next thing is perfecting the tune and/or turbo convertor upgrade.

Jason

Would bigger injectors like the MSD 50's and a TA49 make a difference ? Prefer to use the TA49 since it looks stock
Thanks

Big injectors have no performance gain at all. They only allow performance to be gained. So, are you running out of fuel? I doubt your are until you are in the mid 12's with alcohol. Also, a TA49 would be very laggy with a stock convertor on the street. On the strip it wouldn't matter because you can bake a cake at the line and take off whenever, but since you say it is a street car I wouldnt do it.

Jason

Bought my TTA last year all stock, 28,000 miles. Did the bolt on's so that I could go back to stock someday if I ever decide to sell.
I dont race, but would like to go a little faster on the street.
Just wondering if there are any other mods you would suggest that would not involve dramatic changes to the engine or am I asking for the impossible.
The only thing I mod I plan on doing in the spring is 100 lb valve springs.

List of mods:
Scanmaster
Walpro fuel pump
Hot wire kit
AF regulator
RJC powerplate
RJC boost controller
Razors Alky kit running 21 lbs boost
160 thermostat
Tranny cooler
30 lb injectors
TTchip for Alky
K&N open filter with Grumpys MAF
Test pipe with electric cutout

Timing chain, valve springs, turn the boost up. You wont be any faster with a larger turbo at 21 lbs.

re: more power

To add to your list i would put a 3 inch Terry Houston downpipe w/high flow cat, a kenne bell voltage booster (50 hp gain with a type II ignition), bore out the stock throttle body and doghouse to 65 mm, index your spark plugs, kenne bell kool valves, and ram air from the fog light to a 10 inch k&n air cleaner. All that stuff should be good for about another 100 hp+

Ummmm dsmith you sound like you just woke up back in 1990 when Kenne Bell came to the buick market. Volt booster? Do a hotwire kit....index sparkplugs??? Not much advanrage.....Kool valves? Are those just new valvesprings? Ramair? Those have been proven to to ROB horsepower...No offense, you might gain 10 HP, but 100?

Jason

To add to your list i would put a 3 inch Terry Houston downpipe w/high flow cat, a kenne bell voltage booster (50 hp gain with a type II ignition), bore out the stock throttle body and doghouse to 65 mm, index your spark plugs, kenne bell kool valves, and ram air from the fog light to a 10 inch k&n air cleaner. All that stuff should be good for about another 100 hp+

Not without increasing boost levels. At same boost level.. zero gain. Want more power.. increasing timing or boost. That is without going into internals like head/cam changes.

Ken Bell stuff sucks ass.

I'm with Grumpy.. at 21 PSI on a stocker.. zero gain with the DP change.

re: old school parts

sometimes the right combo of parts will increase power and sometimes the wrong combo of parts will rob horsepower. I only know i picked up more power when i did all the mods.....i put these mods on one at a time. The ram air and the 3" THDP were very noticeable increases in power. not so much so with the other mods

sometimes the right combo of parts will increase power and sometimes the wrong combo of parts will rob horsepower. I only know i picked up more power when i did all the mods.....i put these mods on one at a time. The ram air and the 3" THDP were very noticeable increases in power. not so much so with the other mods

I've tested both back to back on my T-type at the track. Can't speak for the TTA, but the THDP was worth .05 seconds and 1.5 mph on an 11.70 @ 115 mph car vs. a stock downpipe/ported elbow.

A 14" K&N with Cyclops ram air was worth Zero at the track vs. a 6.5" K&N in the engine compartment on the same car.

I don't know what the definition of "noticeable" is, but on a timeslip, the THDP only seems to show up in the traps (RPM above 5K) and the ram doesn't show up at all.

Back