Want to put GNX fender vents on my GN...how to do it

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Topic pretty much says it all...I want my GN to have the GNX fender vents on the sides and they don't have to be functional...but I also want to keep the GN logos on the sides below the vents too...what would i have to do in order to do this? how much does it cost to have someone do this and what exactly needs to be done? can i see some pictures maybe of the vents with the emblems as well? i really want to do this but if it's gonna be too much of a hassle then i will just let it go...i think it would add meanness to my regular GN :)

Well I did mine myself so I don't know how much someone would charge but I can step through the process.

The vents came with a paper template. The template lines up with the fender/door edge. After marking the hole location, drill the four corners out using a 1/4" drill bit.

Then get your jigsaw and connect the dots. :p I ditched my emblems but there's plenty of room below the vents to put them back on.

The vents themselves required quite a bit of prep work. I spent a long time with one if my wife's nail files & primer smoothing and truing the vents. Gotta say they sure look great though! :cool:

wow that looks very good...

too bad you don't live closer, i would have you do it :)

man i gotta find a place to do this...i seriously want those vents on my car...i just think it makes the car look complete...

man your car is AWESOME...looks just like a real GNX

my car would look similar with the vents...but i still want the GN badging on it...just want the combined GN look and GNX look

I would also like to have the gnx vent look and had thought about maybe finding a very good airbrush artist and seeing if he could paint some ghost vents on but not sure if it would look the way I would want and its a one time deal for the fenders.
I'll probably just leave well enough alone but thought I'd share the idea.

There was a GN at the Nats with painted on vents with flames coming out of them and going down the doors. Very well done!