Was a PT51 good idea

I went from a TA49 to PT51...can't say as I saw a big difference...although my ET's have went down I'vea ttributed it to other things. Car doesn't sem to perform as well as others with similar mods...probably my fault??

Called Lubrant a year ago wondering about a PT52 upgrade...he told me the 51 was a better turbo than the 52 and to keep the 51??? So I still have the 51 and am sincerely hoping all the blades are OK. If I had it to do all over again I think I would have went to a 53/54...but when I got the 51 I was still on a stock D5...

Been searching for a converter for a year+...got a Yank on order...hope it wakes my car up.

Regards, Bob

I have had a PTE-51 since '99 and have been pleased with the turbo. It has about 10K on it and (fingers crossed) seems to be a solid turbo. With the Vig '0' convertor it spools very well. You can not jump on it at speed without the boost almost instantly shooting to 21 psi. From vacuum it lags a little, but if power braked the car has no problem blowing 275/50 BFG DRs away.

Pleased so far, hope to get it into the low 11s this year.

The 51 is a great turbo. I have little miles [approx 1400] on mine in the last 11 months and it has performed flawlessly to date. I replaced a stocker with it so the difference was dramatic on my car. Yup, a D5 and it works well, although I'm certain 3000 -3200 would benefit the combo tons. Hold your head up Dude, it's a great turbo that tons of us are thrilled with.
Jim