You can type here any text you want

wb sensor oil down

• Thread starter Thread starter bobbyp
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
B

bobbyp

I have a set of heads that the machine shop doesn't seem to be able to get right, they are pulling oil past the seals and fouling the plugs. It still runs okay for a while as long as I use plugs hotter than ac 45's. I know its not heathy to oil down or antifreeze down the o2 sensor, but can someone tell me the symptoms to look for when the wb sensor begins to go bad from an oil down.
Thanks
Bobby Patterson

If you are ever in doubt or are worried that you may be doing damage, it's always a great idea to simply look at the sensor. If it looks like it's getting oil on it you definitely are at a high risk of destroying the sensor. A happy O2 sensor should look a lot like a happy spark plug.

There is a voltage you can check in the main dash display in C-Com called UEGOS. When the car is running, this voltage should stabilize at about 0.45 volts. If it does, it is a good indication that the sensor is still working AOK.

Back